• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

power on/off = battery pull?

jmt9779

Android Enthusiast
Jan 4, 2010
NYC
I'm coming from a blackberry where a "power off then back on" is different than a "battery pull" to soft reset the phone. But whats the deal with the Droid? Can I really just get away with "powering off then back on" instead of having to pull the battery to reset?

Thanks!

I haven't noticed any difference between the two. I've heard and seen people say "do a battery pull", but I'm not convinced it does anything more than power cycling the phone with the button. Unless you have to - for example, if the phone freezes entirely - then I would just stick with the normal power off/on procedure.
I second this. I have seen no instances other than a hung droid where a battery pull would do me any more benefit than just power cycling it.

I need to cycle this thing much less than my old berry. Only when the wireless device won't go down which not everyone has a problem with.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones