power on/off = battery pull?

Last Updated:

1. jmt9779

jmt9779 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm coming from a blackberry where a "power off then back on" is different than a "battery pull" to soft reset the phone. But whats the deal with the Droid? Can I really just get away with "powering off then back on" instead of having to pull the battery to reset?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

I haven't noticed any difference between the two. I've heard and seen people say "do a battery pull", but I'm not convinced it does anything more than power cycling the phone with the button. Unless you have to - for example, if the phone freezes entirely - then I would just stick with the normal power off/on procedure.

3. mrthundercleese

mrthundercleese Well-Known Member

I second this. I have seen no instances other than a hung droid where a battery pull would do me any more benefit than just power cycling it.

I need to cycle this thing much less than my old berry. Only when the wireless device won't go down which not everyone has a problem with.

4. jmt9779

jmt9779 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I appreciate it guys! I'll go with the "power on/off" method until I have reason not to...Whatever that may be... Thanks!