• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Power Saver "modes" for Android (battery life)

Basically I want to set the phone to turn off things like GPS, 3G and Wifi overnight (EG. 10pm to 6am) as that is a big factor to the battery life. Plus anything else that may help to be turned off
How about charging the phone overnight?

WiFi is a big battery suck. I would suggest leaving it off most of the time. I believe GPS won't be active in most apps if the screen is off.

Upvote 0
Wrong ... My crackberry does everything the G1 does and has at least 3 days worth of battery life. The G1 O/S is hungry and the apps make it worse, not to mention T-Mobile 3G coverage is shit so the phone is constantly switching modes, making the battery life even worse. Right now it's my most unreliable phone ... next ....
Well you could just keep it on EDGE....I mean for email, texting, phone calls and IM you don't need some "super 1337 3G ub3r fast network god 3G speedz" network.

I tried some of these power saving methods and they work. I don't need my screen blaring 100% like everyone else so I keep it almost all the way down, when I'm at school I have GPS off, bluetooth off, wifi on and at work I have wifi off, GPS off and bluetooth off, and of course at home I have all that on and just keep the screen low as usuall. My phone can last 13 hours and the last 20% is really the longest.

Upvote 0
I just ordered a replacement battery. Depending on your luck, the battery drains on it's own. Last night, the battery icon had 1/3 left,, when i turned it on this morning it didn't power up. I have an extra battery/charger. The battery lost X% of it's charger after I unplugged the charger!!! When I plugged it back in, it still charged for 15 minutes

It just makes all kinds of sense to buy an extra battery and external charger.

Upvote 0
Lithium ion cells have a low self-discharge rate. A good lithium ion battery will hold 85% or more of its (not "it's" :mad:) charge after a year. Your battery is defective, or the initial charge level indication was off.

It's not the charge indicator because I keep the battery in way past when the charge time is over,,,usually 5 - 6 hours.

I'm talking about these batteries losing charge either when the droid is turned off or when they are not even in the droid. What should I expect as far as discharging in these situations?

btw,,,this is the moto droid that was bought a month ago. extra battery bought 2 weeks ago

Upvote 0
I bought one of those Seidio Batterys that are the 1400mAH and I use my phone. I take it off the charger at 7am and when I put it back on the charger around 11pm I normally have 50-60% battery. Also I do turn my phone off at night since I don't need to have it on.

Screen set to 32
GPS on, since it only fires off when an app needs it.
Wifi Off
Location by wireless off
Sync on since it only syncs when it needs to.
Screen set to turn off after 1minute

Battery saving apps seem useless to me since I'm doing what they would do anyways.

Let me start by saying I'm a newbee. I've had several Blackberry's and the Thunderbolt 4G is my first Droid and the battery life may cause me to return the phone. Is the "Seidio Batterys . . . 1400mAH" a better quality battery then the original one? The OEM is also a 1400mAH.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones