power saving modeSupport

1. btan

btan New Member

Does anyone else have the problem of when the power saving function is enabled, that the internet connection will disconnect and you have turn the aeroplane mode on and then off to get it working again? Not sure if this is part of the power saving function, or if my phone is just broken!

Advertisement
    :
  2. 1500cc

1500cc Well-Known Member

It's might just be a setting ... pull down your notification bar, tap on Power Saver, turn it off, and then you can uncheck the Data Connection box and turn it back on again.
  3. Mitchturbo

Mitchturbo Well-Known Member

I have power saving mode on, all options ticked. However I don't experience the need to go into Aeroplane mode like you have described. Hmmm yeah look in options and see if you have "best WiFi performance" selected. That might help you out a lot.
  4. btan

btan New Member

The problem I have is when the phone is not connected to wifi. When I'm at work and have just the mobile data connection turned on, I have the power saving mode on and then obviously leave my phone for a bit. I spoke to HTC and they said that when the phone is in power saving mode then it will disconnect the internet after about 15 mins (this is part of the power saving). They did not know however, whether the phone was supposed to reconect to the internet, when I bring it out of sleep mode (not helpful). They said I should try turning off the power saving mode, when I bring the phone out of sleep mode, to try and reconnect to the internet, but I said that is a lot of hassle, when all I want to do is just quickly check to see if I have an e-mail or not. Not sure whether I should just take the phone back, or this ishow it's supposed to work!?