• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Power Toggles Drain on Battery?

consultant

Aug 13, 2012
Been running Carat and after a couple days, it is showing Power Toggles as the #1 "Hog" with 1h 23m estimated improvement. I love the battery percentage meter in the notification bar. But are these percentage meters that poll the battery a battery drain themselves? I had installed a batter percentage meter app before Power Toggles and Carat called it out as a hog also.

Think I have Power Toggles set to a 3 minute polling interval.

I've not used Carat, but all other battery percentage meters I've seen just list down the apps and how much battery they've used for the past period since last reboot. Naturally, an app running in the background on your notification bar will be actively using battery, and if there is really nothing else running then of course it would show up as the app that uses the most battery.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones