• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Power users! How is your battery life?

tjreishus

Android Enthusiast
Nov 8, 2009
I have looked at threads about people who are occasionally using their phone and only getting 8 hours out of it, but I can't compare because I am on it ALL THE TIME. Can't put the damn thing down! Wifi on searching for new apps, browsing, changing my screen (so yes, the screen is on most of the time), playing games, etc. I took mine off the charger this morning at 7am and now throwing it on the charger again at 1:30 (it still has a 20% charge, but I am leaving for the rest of the day and need it charged). I think this is normal for how much I am using it, but is it?

That's about all I'm getting for the past 3 days. I'm getting no work done, and battery is dead before 5pm. I've only charged it 4 times so hopefully it will show some more improved longevity. I've had screen brightness down to 0 since sunday. I'm sure it will last longer if I could just leave it alone, but I've reserved myself to just waiting for a Seidio extended battery. Hopefully they can get at least 2600mA.

Upvote 0
After reading about 20 pages of battery talk i have decided to let my battery die all the way until the unit dies.

So we will see how this works out.

I pulled it off the charger at 6:30 this morning and it died at 3:30 this afternoon. What is that 9 hours.

Its been said that doing this will help your battery last longer. I do notice right now that it seems to be charging a lot faster. Its been on charge for about 20 mins and its up to 30%.

Upvote 0
I'm sure there is software in the phone to stop it from fully discharging as that is bad for a Li-ion battery, as is overcharging.

The more I read up on Li-ion batteries the more I realize that I can just charge it when I want, weather it's a 15 min charge or 2 hours.

The whole discharge completely and let it fully charge is only needed on older NiMH or NiCad batteries.

Also my battery lasts about 20+ hours, but I don't use it much during the day since I am a plumber and don't have time to toy around. But I do use it constantly at night.

Upvote 0
Weird. The first two days for me were rough having to charge it after a few hours. But apparently it cycled itself pretty fast.

Now Im using the phone all day long using locale to turn on and off bluetooth or set vibrate mode. Ive got 45 apps and a task manager running in the back ground. Constantly getting emails and texts.

Im getting all the way through the day and then some. Most of the time Ive been putting the phone back on the charger at night with about 60-70% battery left.

Upvote 0
Battery life isn't as good as my Tour or Bold, but it gets the job done. I use the phone heavily throughout a work day, (heavy texting, mp3s, browsing, e-mails, couple calls), and it's never below 50% when I get home. I also don't sync many apps or widgets either. I just have a Weather Widgets Donation widget on the home screen, and that's set to update every hour. I keep my screen at 0, but I'm going to start bumping it up little by little every day until I notice a HUGE impact in battery life. It's fine at 0, but when outside, or in a well lit area, it's very difficult to see the screen at 0% brightness.

Turn off all the radios you're not using, and try to reduce the number of synced accounts. Every little feature you enable eats up battery life.

Upvote 0
i talk for about 2hours a day with a handful of text messages and surf the web for about 30min to an hour with either slacker radio running all day or watching 1-2 movies. I usually get home around 6pm and have 30% battery left. Movies are full length movies about 1.5hrs each and screen brightness is changed depending on where i am at but mostly it's at 70% or above. I couldn't be happier with the battery life of this phone. I came from the HTC Diamond and it is night and day between battery life.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones