PowerAMP Music Player

Last Updated:

1. ecpolo521

ecpolo521 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just downloaded PowerAmp Music Player and I have to say I'm pretty impressed. Might use it over the stock player. Features which I'm enjoying is the widgets, eq presets & id tag changer. One thing I love is that it stops music when unplugging headphones. This was a pain for me after coming from an Iphone.

Anybody else using this? This app is off to a great start and has a lot more potential.

http://androidforums.com/android-applications/204098-poweramp-audio-player.html

Advertisement
  2. wowser

wowser Well-Known Member

i like it, but i really need the "Recently Added" Playlist that the default player has. Until then i'll stick with the Samsung player.

3. Kaessa

Kaessa Well-Known Member

I've been using Winamp, and I really like it so far.

4. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Yeah between this and winamp you've got all you need and more. Each has its own little niche

5. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

Best feature. the ability to organize your songs by folder on your sd card

6. Tkun

Tkun Active Member

It's nice, but the sound quality is still better on the stock Fascinate player. It's a shame really, because I wish the stock player had all of the features these other players have, such as gapless playback, and quicker song switching when skipping songs. :/ But I just prefer the sound quality on the Fascinate's music app.

7. jreed2560

the eq on this app is set to flat by default. You can change the eq manually or use presets also after you've set the eq there are optional treb and bass nobs.

8. ecpolo521

ecpolo521 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Another thing is even after a reboot, is still remembers the song and time where you left off. Not sure if stock or other players do that.

9. jreed2560

Hands down, the best music player out there. It even allows you to customize the widget! I saw this app demo'd on a video and I knew I had to have it. I'm can't wait to see what future updates bring to it!

10. NOsquid

NOsquid Well-Known Member

I'm using it, it's really good.

I miss the controls in the notification bar of the stock player (prefer this to widgets). The widget that pops up on your lock screen but only when music is playing - BRILLIANT! But it doesn't play nice with Widget Locker, like many apps.

11. jreed2560

NM nothing to see here!

12. IcedCooly

IcedCooly New Member

I would use the stock player, but Winamp I use most of the time because of last.fm. This "scrobbles" your tracks as you play them and sends to the site, which I haven't found any other way to do yet.

13. Mazeraski

Mazeraski Well-Known Member

I used the stock media player until Winamp came out. I love the stock player except for the fact that it cannot scrobble! This is why I started using Winamp. I do like Winamp, but still would prefer the stock player if only last.fm would support it for scrobbling. That said, this music player looks pretty awesome, I may have to give it a go :)

14. Kaessa

Kaessa Well-Known Member

This is the number one reason I'm using Winamp.

15. jreed2560

I don't understand scrobbling

16. Mazeraski

Mazeraski Well-Known Member

If you have an account at last.fm you can download their scrobbler. The scrobbler is a lightweight program which sends information to the last.fm website anytime you play a song on your computer/ipod/iphone/android phone and records that song to your profile on their site. The act of scrobbling is sending the song you're playing to last.fm. Basically, it lets you build a library on their site of what songs you play to show your musical taste, make friends with similar tastes, etc. A social music site. But your music player has to support scrobbling for it to work. Or really, last.fm has to support the music player.

17. Kaessa

Kaessa Well-Known Member

Simple... all of the music you listen to gets "scrobbled" to your last.fm profile (here's mine for a sample). It's a good way to keep track of what you're listening to, and discover new artists based on the ones you currently like. You can find people who like the same kind of music you do, then go through their artist list to see if there's someone new. I've been doing it for over four years, so I have a good assortment of artists and songs tracked.

Give it a try, it's addicting. :)

18. s44

s44 Well-Known Member

Both PowerAMP and Meridian support scrobbling.

19. Kaessa

Kaessa Well-Known Member

Hmm. I may have to give PowerAMP a try.

20. jreed2560

If for nothing else Kaessa, the UI is really nice

21. II Kings 9:20

II Kings 9:20 Well-Known Member

I went back to stock music player which is quite excellent. I pause in full screen to turn it off and use the stock app killer which is superb to make sure it is not running in the background and killing battery. I like power amp but it sounds a bit distorted compared to stock.

22. Kaessa

Kaessa Well-Known Member

You're right, I like the UI. I'll bounce back and forth between Winamp and Poweramp and see which one I like the best.

23. saps

saps Well-Known Member

I've been simul-testing them both this weekend. Im not much of a music guy. The gym is about the only place I listen to tunes consistently, unless Im on Pandora or EPSNRadio, which is rare. Im having the same problem I did with choosing a keyboard. Each has advantages and disadvantages for me and while some sort of non-existent hybrid would be perfect it does not exist

24. NOsquid

NOsquid Well-Known Member

I'm just gonna throw this out there - I think this made my phone freeze (forcing a reboot) a few times and not wake up from sleep a few more times. A quick Google found another guy who had issues but not many more.

Went through the usual suspects - Beautiful Widgets, SetCPU, Widget Locker. No go. Uninstalling this and using the stock music player instead and I've been stable for a few hours (happened several times today). Also, my problems with Ti backup disappeared (wasn't recognizing my license key for some reason).

My phone isn't stock, I have a BUNCH of possibly culpable stuff installed, I'm not saying it will happen to you, and this is still a beta version. It is an awesome player for sure. Just keep it in the back of your mind if your phone starts acting funny before you start blaming Voodoo/BW etc..

25. jreed2560

weird squid, I've actually never had a problem with poweramp, BW, or setcpu