• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Powermat for DX yet

Upvote 0
The main season I would buy a Powermat is the fact we have multiple phones in our household. Would make it easy to have ONE source for charging instead of 4 cords plugged in.......who-knows-where :)

What is this "nub"?

Just read a little bit about this thing. Evidently you have to pay for adapters for each device you want to charge? Let's say you found a mat for $70. Plus $30 for each additional device to charge? Yup, i think i will stick to the charger(s) that came with the phone(s).

Upvote 0
This. Not to mention that I would have to find a spot for the mat, and would only be able to charge my phone there. Induction charging is definitely an awesome idea, but I don't think it's ready just yet.
When phones and other devices have the required hardware built-in instead of being retro-fitted is when the technology will be more useful and wide spread.

Upvote 0
yeah but you still have to plug the Power Cube into your phone...that REALLY defeats the purpose.

If they came out with a powermat case like they did for the, dare I say, *phone...then I would get it. It's a silicone case that slides over both ends of the phone...so it's a case and a powermat charger.

With the DX dock, you can't use a case...with the powermat for DX, you can't use a case. I care more about protecting my phone from falls, then ease.

Google Image Result for http://www.macgear.com.au/129-473-thickbox/powermat-iphone-case.jpg

Upvote 0
The charging port on the side allows us to have landscape docks (which I like).

Being that I have a desktop and a car dock I see no need for this. What I wouldn't mind for the future is a universal desktop and car docks with the charging aspect of the power matt built in. This would mean I would never need to buy a new dock when I switch phones.

jcash3 is right. It needs to be built in to the hardware.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones