Powermat for HTC EvoAccessories

Last Updated:

1. TheSystem

TheSystem Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys! It looks like Powermat will be available later on this month, Androinica.com has the review.

[​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

Whoa, what is that ugly thing on the bottom?

I was thinking this might be useful for the microUSB charging port issue, but not if it's going to be permanently attached to the microUSB port, thus stressing the port all the time!!

3. TheSystem

Yeah a lot of people aren't really fond of how it uses the charging port. I really wish that they sticked with the idea of just using actual wireless batteries.

4. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

And I read the prices were like $80 or $90? http://store.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-4g-powermat.htm First result shows the powermat at $97. And then add in the $40 Evo powermat cast = ~$140 for this? No thanks.

For that price I can have half a dozen to a dozen cheap batties with dedicated USB chargers, and just swap batteries as needed. This way I can avoid using the microUSB port altogether.

In fact that's what I'm doing. I have 2 spare batteries + USB charger that I got for the HTC Touch Pro 2 that I'm using for this purpose.

Saltwater Hero likes this.
  5. TheSystem

If the single 1x charging system for the iPhone retails for $59.99. Why would you be spending more than that for the Evo? I believe you are looking at pricing for the triple 3x charging dock. The retail price for the Evo charging system could just be $39.99 all together.

6. sintricate

sintricate Well-Known Member

Such design fail.

7. TheSystem

8. lembowski

lembowski Well-Known Member

The battery cover was at BestBuy when I was there today. They didn't have the complete package just the cover.

9. Stepintothedark

Stepintothedark Well-Known Member

lol looks like a dog with a tail between it's legs...

10. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

What genius designed that one?

11. Palmetto Fellow

Palmetto Fellow Well-Known Member

I don't think that's going to fit inside my Seidio Rugged case.

I'd rather see wireless batteries as well.

12. neoshi

neoshi Well-Known Member

Ugh would have much rather prefered that it came with something to stick onto an existing battery cover to make the system work instead of the stupid required Powermat battery cover. Lame.

13. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

Why not have an integrated battery in the powermat battery door? You know, have a special replaceable battery in the door (for when it inevitably goes bad) that's been rigged to work directly through the induction charge method. That'd make more sense than some kinda... jerry rigged usb charging method... that's all that is. Induction charging through the back, into a micro USB end, then into the phone. Why not just spend $5 on a wall charger at that point? It's easier to carry around...

14. Branuga

Branuga New Member

I can direct ship the extended battery or new hdmi dock. I although have the cast docks. Ask about how you can get 25% off . Love this new battery

15. Saltwater Hero

Saltwater Hero Well-Known Member

Fugly

16. mitchellvii

mitchellvii Well-Known Member

Ok, now I am supposed to want to spend $60 on this mat thing that charges my phone when I put it down on it? To do this, I have to install a new battery cover with this weird knob on the bottom that looks totally ghetto? This also means that NO case will fit this phone once this is installed? It also means that my micro usb is blocked - what happens if I want to charge it in the car - do I have to replace the back cover? Also, if I have my phone plugged in, it can charge while I hold it to my ear and make calls, bit with this, it stops charging every time I pick the phone up?

I'm sorry, but no. Just no.

The scary part is that big rooms full of smart people decided THIS was a good idea.

P.S., This is as dumb as the new EVO cradle that just came out that only fits if you take your case off. Duh.

17. rickeycarr

rickeycarr New Member

I just got it from best buy. It was only $59.99 and works great. Lets see where to start. The little black thing that goes form the back cover to the micro usb comes out so you can charge it in the car or by the wall so you can talk at the same time. [​IMG]
    My case also fits still all i had to do is cut just a hair to make room for the charging thing.
    [​IMG]
    Thats a pic of the my case on the phone.

I think it is great. I love the fact that at night I can just pick it up and send a text or take a call without worrying about unpluging it then pluging it back in. It doesn't seem to put any stress on the port form what I can tell. It also is a little thicker so the camera is not out as far and keeps it from hitting when you put it down.

18. JunBringer

JunBringer Well-Known Member

I got one yesterday from Best Buy and everything worked fine except the actual phone charging. I messed with it in every way possible but couldn't get it to work. I'm going to return it.

I ended up wanting to get that Seido gigantic battery with the special backing for my Evo anyways cause it's badass.

19. DSSK

DSSK Member

I am doing battery swapping. 1 will usually last me a day. Works out great. I have the USB charging port problem!