pptp vpn on galaxy?Support

Last Updated:

1. vmos

vmos Member This Topic's Starter

hi there, I've got myself a spangly new galaxy i7500. I spent most of the day rooting it and trying to get open vpn working before realising that i'm being completely thick and openvpn is not what I need.
    What I need is a simple pptp vpn connection. I've tried wade mearlings vpn connection program but it doens't seem to do anything. I've been looking about but so far I haven't been able to find anything useful.
    can it be done? If so, how?

Any suggestions gladly accepted, if I can't get this going then I can't use this for work and I'll have to get another phone which will be a major pain in the arse.

I found this for applying the hero rom to the galaxy but I don't see a mention of vpn, might it help?
    Google Translate

Advertisement
  2. screaminbug

screaminbug Well-Known Member

Now, I'm not 100% sure, but I think you'll need at least Android 1.6, which has a built-in PPTP support. Galaxy runs 1.5, and it looks that's not gonna change for a while.

The only standalone VPN client app I know of is VPN Connections
    [​IMG]
    But it's only IPSec. No PPTP.

Just FTR, Galaxo and GalaxHero are not Hero ROMs.

3. vmos

vmos Member This Topic's Starter

that's pretty much confirming everything I've seen so far, dagnabbit

do you have a magic wand by any chance?

4. screaminbug

screaminbug Well-Known Member

Only in my Gimp. But it's useless I tell you. It won't do anything apart of making stupid selections of similar colors in an image. :D