Pre-installed App IssuesSupport

Last Updated:

1. mnemonikos82

mnemonikos82 New Member This Topic's Starter

When I downloaded Advanced Task Killer for my new MT4G I noticed that a lot of apps start themselves. Quik, My Account, Wifi Calling (even when not in use), Dock Panel, News, the Market... and so on. It concerns me that these programs already boot themselves without me starting them, that means they're running in the background sucking up battery life and processing power. Whats worse, I did a "kill all", and most of them just came back online within 5 minutes.

Does anyone have a suggestion to stop this from killing my battery? I can just set task killer to auto kill every time the screen turns off, but that causes problems of its own.

I do have to say this is something that I miss about my nexus one, no frills was just dandy by me.

Advertisement
  2. Coffee with Me

Coffee with Me Member

There was just a discussion on app killers on here and why this phone does not need them and might actually be taking up more battery power.

If you go to settings, About Phone, Battery, Battery Use - you can see exactly what is using your battery. When I just checked the only thing using my battery for the last hour was the display, and a game I played, and that type of thing. It will tell you what apps are being used.

3. buckeyedroid

buckeyedroid Well-Known Member

from what i understand you are not supposed to put
    advanced task killer on the mytouch 4g. the phone
    takes care of things itself. i read that the atk causes
    problems and is not necessary. the preinstalled apps
    are not really running in the background, they are
    just cached. by doing a few battery saving things and
    keeping my phone on gms(unless i need wifi or hspa+ for
    major data) my battery lasts forever.

4. mnemonikos82

mnemonikos82 New Member This Topic's Starter

Thank you guys for the input. I checked the battery use and your kind of right. But there are things missing from the battery use. I played multiple games for quite a long while and they're not in there (havent plugged my phone in for 18 hours). But none of the things showing in ATK showed up as sucking up power. I deleted ATK. Thanks again for the input.

5. famished

famished Well-Known Member

I just got the phone yesterday and I have a quick question- is there not a default file manager for this phone?

6. lopro

lopro Active Member

Is there a widget or shortcut that will let me switch network modes quickly...instead of going into settings->wireless & networks->mobile networks->network mode?