Pre loaded Apps

Last Updated:

1. rustie

rustie New Member This Topic's Starter

Blimey - Just got a Samsung Galaxy GTS 5570 and having moved from a phone that just made call - it has blown my mind.............

It came loaded with Demo's of games that I don't want - does any one know how i get rid. I have tried the manage my applications way - but the uninstall button is greyed out. The games are in Spanish so I don't want them and they are cluttering up my screens..............

Thanks

Rustie

Advertisement
  2. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker Moderator

Hi there... welcome to the forums!

You can usually remove the preloaded carrier bloatware by rooting your phone. There are sub-forums for each device and, within each device sub-forum, there should be an "all-things-root" sub-section where anything like this would be dealt with.

If you check out Samsung Galaxy Mini (S5570) - Android Forums then other users will be able to help!

3. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary Moderator

Welcome to the AndroidForums, Rustie!

Yeah, there's always some amount of "bloatware" on our Android devices, which I guess is a way that the carriers and manufacturers help subsidize their cost.

The advice that D-U-R-X is right...the only way to get rid of those apps in your case would be to root your phone (i.e., get superuser access) and de-activate them. The best way is not always deleting the app since that can impede your ability to receive OTA (over-the-air) updates in the future from your carrier. Several root-only apps like Root Explorer or Titanium Backup allow you "freeze" the apps without deleting, moving / renaming them which will accomplish what you want--but you will have to get root access first.

You'll need to consult the all-things-root sub-forum in the link that D-U-R-X provided for your device's particular rooting method.

Good luck and make sure you take all appropriate precautions.

Cheers!

4. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Welcome to the Android Forums!

5. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

Welcome to Android Forums!