Pre-order at BB - Question

Last Updated:

1. DGalt

DGalt Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I personally hate mail-in rebates (still waiting on mine for the PS for my desktop....6-8weeks ftl), so in hearing that BB will automatically do the rebate I got rather excited.

One issue though...I'm already on a basic family plan with my parents / brothers. I know I'm going to have to sign up for data (I also want to add texting to my plan, but that's besides the point). So how would this work if I pre-order at BB? Can/will they activate the data at the store or do I then have to go over to a verizon store?

Also, I'm pretty sure I'm eligible for the new every two discount. Will BB honor this? To sweeten the deal, my dad also gets a discount on phones b/c his company has a deal with verizon. Will BB honor this as well?

Or should I just go wait in line at Verizon and then do the whole mail in rebate thing (boo)?

Advertisement
  2. Jon Nale

Jon Nale Well-Known Member

These are all good questions, and I would like to know as well.

I am currently planning on going to Best Buy tomorrow and pre-ordering, unless there are any complications with buying from BB.

3. ZX-10R

ZX-10R Member

Same ?? here.. My wife works for the state and we get a discount on the plans and phones, and my new every 2 is eligable... Im probably gonna wait and just order it online at Verizon if the stores run out B4 i get there..

4. BigRedNole

BigRedNole Well-Known Member

Best Buy is an authorized Verizon Wireless dealer. They can do everything with your account that a VZW employee can do. As always, you will need the primary person's information to make the changes (pin code, last 4-digits of SSN, etc). I checked because I am on a corporate account. They assured me that it is in the records they can see (they brought it up while I was there) and I will receive all necessary discounts.

5. DGalt

DGalt Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I called them yesterday and the guy on the phone said they couldn't. hmm, maybe he didn't know what he was talking about. i'll call them again today.

6. BigRedNole

BigRedNole Well-Known Member

They can't preorder over the phone. You have to do it in person at the store.

7. realbrilliance

realbrilliance Member

My local best buy said they can't honor NE2 discounts.

8. TreyDaPrince

TreyDaPrince Member

1. Best Buy does not honor NE2
    2. Can only pre-order in store
    3. They will set you up to get the phone to work properly and in its entirety when leaving the store. No need to go to Verizon for anything.

9. pettit03

pettit03 Active Member

I work for BBYM (Best Buy Mobile Store within a Store), prove that VZW will give you the phone for 199(login to the vzw website at the store) BBYM should honor it because of the price matching we do. If you were at my store, we would do that no questions asked and take care of you.