Pre Order Best Buy questions

Last Updated:

1. adamman41

adamman41 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

If we pre order the droid at best buy, do we still get the 30 day buyer's remorse period that veriozn offers? Also, has anyone pre-ordered yet? Does tis mean we just go to the store and don't have to worry about lines and get out phone on the 6th? What's the downside?

Advertisement
  2. knickerbocker

knickerbocker Well-Known Member

3. elucas730

elucas730 Active Member

I pre-ordered a couple hours ago. My Best Buy was making appointments for all the people who pre-order so that they don't have to wait and so that they can space out when people are coming into the store.

4. darrinaltman

darrinaltman Well-Known Member

You do still have the 30 day remorse period for sure. I just returned my Sprint Hero and there were no questions asked and no difficulties at all.

My Best Buy did not set up an appointment. The guy said I might have to wait in line but would get one for sure because a phone would be set aside for every pre order. I think I will give them a call since the rep might not have been very informed.

5. adamman41

adamman41 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

im on tmobile, i'm going to test out this phone during the 30 day buyers remorse period. can i port my number over after I'm sure i'm staying with the phone?

6. sunking

sunking Active Member

I live in the Levittown, PA area and saw that post about Best Buy taking pre-orders for the Droid when I got home from work. I got to Best Buy by about 6:30pm and was still able to pre-order.

I made it clear that I was not eligible for an update (only 6 months into my current contract with Verizon) and that I would be paying full retail for the Droid. So, no problems there...

My Best Buy was also giving "appointments" to come in and pick up the Droid. They were making all appointments for Saturday, November 7th. I asked if I could come in on the Friday, November 6th to pick up and he said that it would not be a problem assuming that they had them. He explained that they wouldn't get them until the morning of November 6th so that is why they were making the appointments for Saturday.

So...looks like I am all set. Just need next Friday to get here.

Kind regards,
    Sunking

7. mattparmely

mattparmely Well-Known Member

Verizon charges $35.00 if you return a phone within the 30 days as a "re-stocking fee". Don't forget that guys. Best Buy won't I bet. Dang, I don't know where to go. I need to change my plan to a smartphone data plan first so it looks like I need to go to verizon?

8. racerxe24

racerxe24 Well-Known Member

Matt, I have a Storm1 I will sell ya so you can get on a data plan then you can use it as a paper weight when you get the Droid!!!!:p

9. mattparmely

haha I would buy it for anything under 40 bucks to use as backup if my droid gets shit canned sometime. =P

10. racerxe24

I currently use it as a clock in bedside mode in it's dock. I remember how cold it was waiting for it. Probably the biggest disappointment I have ever experienced in the history of all my cellphones.

11. CatsTide

CatsTide Well-Known Member

yeah i froze my azz off...but i wasn't disappointed in the least.

12. mattparmely

I have learned the storm CAN be a really sweet phone (if you like BBs) the only thing is, you need the new updates & tinkering with it. I.E. putting a business card folded right behind the battery then putting the battery cover back on and getting certain apps & changing the settings. It's like a Honda Civic, nothing too special off the lot, but a few upgrades and tweaks & its really not too bad haha.

but I know what you mean, It was supposed to be the BIG thing, like the droid is supposed to be now. With the exception of the new OS & such on the droid lol.

13. racerxe24

I just think they released the Storm before it was ready. The software that is came with was just horribly laggy. I guess I was looking for something more iphone-ish. But I got to enjoy the Storm and tweeking it. But the UI on all BB's get old. Reliable as heck, but old.

14. CatsTide

CatsTide Well-Known Member

yep...i need a new fix and the droid will be it

15. ajm144k

ajm144k Well-Known Member

so the best buy preordering... is that in-store only? i cant find it on bestbuy.com. i even called in to get some help, but that went nowhere.

16. dmodert66

dmodert66 Well-Known Member

I called Best Buy and he said they can alter Verizon plans in store, so no worries there...

17. SSinisterSS

SSinisterSS Well-Known Member

are we able to just walk into best buy to get it on friday or do we need to make an appointment?

18. sunking

sunking Active Member

Not sure what percentage of their incoming stock that they are going to dedicate to pre-orders. I would imagine that if you get there at opening on Friday you should be fine unless they have all been promised to people that have pre-ordered.

Regarding the appointment...it was on the form that you filled out when you did the pre-order. The guy that did mine told me that I should be able to show up anytime in the morning even though my time is 11:00am. We'll see....

19. SSinisterSS

SSinisterSS Well-Known Member

well im just planning on randomly walking into best buy to change my account around and add the line for the droid and get the phone. no pre order or anything.

20. Integgroll

Integgroll Member

I don't know if they are going to do pre-orders like this. But I know that companies like Game Stop and other game stores take pre-orders so that they know how much they have to buy day one. Which usually covered pre-orders + 1/4th or 1/2 the number of pre-orders that were taken. So long as they have enough units made, I don't think it will be too much of an issue.

21. ptfd9100

ptfd9100 Member

My BB says they are not taking pre-orders. Say they haven't had too many calls.. (good for me) But they actually told me they cant tell me how many they have coming of which one? I assume that means eris, A855?? I guess she does not know what SKU the droid is, so is unable to check for sure. I tried to get her the eris SKU that was floating around but she got busy and said I would have to check back..

:(