• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Pre Order by calling in, gives an Instant rebate as well.

SO... If I live on the West Coast I could essentially log on to my VZW account and order my phone at 9:30ish then?!?!?!? And if I am correct if another line on my account is up for NE2 then I can get the Droid under that line but when it comes in activate it under my number? (I have a family plan) SO If I order online I will get the instant $100 mail in rebate my NE2 (100$????)so the phone will cost me $99. Do you know if I can pay for overnight shipping to get it Sat!??!!?

OH I AM SO EXCITED!:D

Upvote 0
From my understanding, overnight shipping arriving on Saturday really depends on other factors.
1) Does FedEx deliver to your location on Saturday?
2) Will Verizon actually get Droid to FedEx on Friday? (Unknown?)
3) Are you willing to pay the extra for overnight (unless you have a business account in which case it is free)?

You will be able to use the upgrade from the other phone.

Upvote 0
A few questions:
1. Can you return the phone to a local store within 30 days or do you have to mail it back if you buy over the phone?
2. Can you get new every two on a different phone if you return it?
3. Does verizon have a policy so people don't keep returning phones every 29 days?

My experiences,

1. They made me mail it back to their location that they mailed it from. They would not let me return to the store. It's like different systems the online/over the phone one, and the one in each stores.

2. Yea you can get your new every 2 if you return the phone that you applied it on and then get a new phone to apply the new every 2 discount on.

3. It doesn't say anything on their sales receipt, and the policies have to made presentable to the customer (thats probably some state law which varies the wording but in general thats the idea). But what companies do do in order to prevent people from doing this over and over is no longer give you your money back right away. They have the right to mail you a check which could take well as long as they see fit almost.

So this deters people from doing this as their money doesn't get returned directly back to them, it is held by the company for a certain time till they want to issue you a check.

1. Yes
2. Yes

3. Don't know I assume no.

Hmm two different answers to question 1.

1) I was told by the online rep that if I purchased a phone online I'd have to return it via the online process, that I could not take it to a store and return / exchange it. However, I also found out something very very interesting in talking to a Yolanda at VZW support yesterday - I bought 2 Storm2s, and will be returning one of them for the Droid (so I could get the BOGO deal) and thus will be paying ~$150 (or less if there is a rebate / discount as she mentioned - accidentally slipping up and telling me when she wasn't supposed to) for 1 Droid and 1 Storm2 - can't beat that - but she said I can return the phone without a restock fee if the phone has been used for less than 10 minutes of phone call activity (I did not ask about data activity) b/c she said the company can repackage and resell the phone as brand new. I, personally, have not even opened one of hte Storm2s so it is brand new in a box, so I can (hopefully) get the restock fee waived also - giving me two phones at a hugely discounted price....

2) Yes, also told by 3 different reps in the last week and a half.

3) The return / exchange within 30 days applies once according to 3 different VZW CSRs - Yolanda, Sean, and a third one whose name that I cannot remember. After that you pay full retail (non discounted non-new activation) prices.

I don't think you actually got a pre-order. I think either the sales person was pulling your leg, you misunderstood and he was simply adding you to a notification/reminder call list, or you're just bs-ing us. Verizon has stated many times that they will not be taking pre-orders on the Droid. Also, Verizon does not give the mail-in rebate as an instant rebate on anything other than internet orders.

If you did, indeed, get a pre-order in, consider yourself lucky. You're probably the only one on the planet. lol

Or maybe the salesman did take the order and now Heith has been fired because all these calls started coming in and the bosses found out and showed him the door. (Poor Heith!) That's why he was "not available" when others called.

Or he could be a dishonest employee about to do bad things with your CC# (hate to rain on your parade like that, but you really have to think about it - if he's been in the office for the last 4 days listening to nothing but complaints about why VZW isn't allowing pre-orders, he's probably PO'd to the point of wanting to cause physical harm to somebody...or a bunch of somebodies....)

SO... If I live on the West Coast I could essentially log on to my VZW account and order my phone at 9:30ish then?!?!?!? And if I am correct if another line on my account is up for NE2 then I can get the Droid under that line but when it comes in activate it under my number? (I have a family plan) SO If I order online I will get the instant $100 mail in rebate my NE2 (100$????)so the phone will cost me $99. Do you know if I can pay for overnight shipping to get it Sat!??!!?

OH I AM SO EXCITED!:D

From my understanding, overnight shipping arriving on Saturday really depends on other factors.
3) Are you willing to pay the extra for overnight (unless you have a business account in which case it is free)?

Are you sure it's EST? I never saw anything where the posted anything other than 12:30 without the timezone.

I would assume it would be PST just because of it only being 9:30 on the west coast. But that's just me speculating.

They go by the timezone of their main office... which is east coast. ;)

Nice. That's good for everyone then. Now if only Best Buy would do a midnight launch, lol.

Definitely EST - every time I have called for support in hte lat 2 eeks, I can't call before 10 PM EST - after getting my questions and issues resolved, I have tried 3 different times to call back after 11 PM EST - and I get a recording about the self help online and the hours of operations.

Since I live on the East Coast, pretty positive that I have my times right, so they are definitely following EST for times when it comes to support hours - so presumably they follow it for all other hours as well.

Upvote 0

uh...no. overnight shipping is free.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones