• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Pre-order your DROID INCREDIBLE by HTC at Best Buy Mobile

I could go and pick it up in-store on release day on my own convenience without having to worry about being there whenever the delivery driver decides to show up so I can sign for the phone. I'd say that's an advantage.

True, but if you are on a family plan and not the primary NE2 line you cannot renew your contract for only 1 year at Best Buy like you can online at Verizon. Hence I'll be pre-ordering mine through Verizon.

Upvote 0
I talked to a BB Mobile consultant and he said they should have "accessories that nowhere else has" on launch day. I personally think they will just have regular old accessories (case, screen protector etc.) but it will be nice to get that while I'm picking mine up! So yes, they will have them :)

Could be that they'll have 3rd party accersories, like maybe just a pure car dock so it will put the Incredible into car mode automatically as opposed to the official Verizon holster combo.

Upvote 0
Verizon offers the "mail in rebate" instantly online. You don't need to pay anything up front.

That's $100.00 deducted from the price (at 2-year contract).

$299.99 <- Price with 2-year contract
- $100.00 instant rebate
- $100.00 New Every 2 year Discount
---------------------
$99.99 + tax.

We will have to see if this is true since online pre-orders are until tomorrow. I don't like how to press release stated that when you pre-order online it will be in the Verizon Stores and issue you a mail in rebate. Probably means you get the phone and pay in the stores.

Upvote 0
I also pre-ordered at Best Buy. The guys there asked me to fill out a form (a photocopy)
and made me sign up with Verizon after a credit check. I had to pay $50
and got a $50 voucher to use when I come back to get the incredible.
They gave me a free phone that I can use until they receive the incredible but
I haven't got any receipt saying that I have pre-ordered the incredible.

It was so crowded today and my order was handled by 2 different people
so I'm not sure everything's been done properly. Has anything similar happened to any of you?

Thanks.

Upvote 0
Best Buy doesn't have Verizon NE2 discount. This is a major point for me. Also, add $100 instant rebate online.

To pay only $99.99 plus tax for this phone for me is the best deal anyone can offer. ($299.99 - $100.00 instant rebate online - $100.00 New Every 2 year discount).

Best Buy will price match the phone to reflect your Verizon NE2 discount. They'll ask you to log in to your VZW account for verification, and ultimately whichever price is lowest is the price they will sell you the Incredible for.

Upvote 0
There's no advantage to preordering from bestbuy instead of Verizon online

I disagree. Small advantage it might be but I have no guarantee that my pre-order from Verizon online will show up before the Best Buy store opens on April 29th. So if we are talking about getting it as early as possible for pre-orders I like my chances with BB better than Verizon Wireless. :D

Upvote 0
Best Buy will price match the phone to reflect your Verizon NE2 discount. They'll ask you to log in to your VZW account for verification, and ultimately whichever price is lowest is the price they will sell you the Incredible for.

Glad to hear this, i was getting a little worried about not getting my NE2 Discount at best buy. I pre-ordered it today at BB and im pumped for this phone.

Does anyone know what one year contract pricing will be? if its only 100 bucks more i might consider that.

Upvote 0
I just pre-order the Droid Incredible today at 11 in the morning once the store open Ill tell you this my best buy didnt even have the pre order form for the product. But You have to put 50 bucks down on the phone. What was nice about the location I went to they gave me a gift card with pre-load 50 dollars on there. So if i choose not to get the phone i was able to use it towards something else. Since the 50 bucks is non-refundable so that was a perk.

LOL I ran into the same problem. I drove to the Best Buy closest to my work so I wouldn't be that far away on the 29th but those Einsteins didn't even have the pre-order forms so I had to drive to the next closest BB and they were def more ready for pre-orders and had everything ready to go.

Upvote 0
We will have to see if this is true since online pre-orders are until tomorrow. I don't like how to press release stated that when you pre-order online it will be in the Verizon Stores and issue you a mail in rebate. Probably means you get the phone and pay in the stores.

Well, all reports say that phone will cost $199.99 with $100 mail in rebate.

Unless they lied and the phone cost $399.99 (2-year contract) to make it $199.99 after rebate and NE2 discount, then I should fully expect to pay only $99.99 plus tax.

That's what I would pay for a Droid right now.

Upvote 0
Well I live in Arlington, TX. I pre-order my phone at the local bestbuy near Parkmall, and this one very enthusiastic black lady who seem to know alots about the phone, I asked her it is going to be out on the 29th? And she told me they actually get them on the 23rd and that when she can start selling them. Maybe someone else live in the area can confirm.

Upvote 0
Verizon offers the "mail in rebate" instantly online. You don't need to pay anything up front.

That's $100.00 deducted from the price (at 2-year contract).

$299.99 <- Price with 2-year contract
- $100.00 instant rebate
- $100.00 New Every 2 year Discount
---------------------
$99.99 + tax.

Just great! I lost $100 by making a quick decision :mad:

Upvote 0
wait wait wait... i thought best buy WAS an "instant" rebate??? I heard you signed up for a new contract and only had to pay $199. not $299 plus a best buy card.... im so confused now?

btw i dont have a BBM near me, sooo.. i can't do that then? alsjfa;sljdfk. i have a $100 bestbuy giftcard i DONT want

There is an instant rebate I think. The way I see it is it starts out at $299, then you get the $100 instant.

Can anyone confirm that they will price match? If this is the case, since they told me $199, and I can get it for $99 with the NE2, when I go to pick up the phone will they honor that or did I miss out?

Upvote 0
The pre-order isn't really binding at BB, is it? Can't you just spend the 50.00 gift card on accessories or something else and get the phone through VZW?

That's the idea that I've gotten from reading all of the threads on the topic.

Yeah I dont see why not, you can back out, that's just BB's way of at the very least getting $50 from you, and it's a way you don't just lose $50 if you cancel. At least you would get SOMETHING out of it if you cancel.

Upvote 0
I signed into my Verizon Wireless account online at about 11:15 pm, and clicked the Upgrade my phone button. Droid Incredible was one of the options -- got my pre-order in for $149.00. The $100 rebate was applied instantly, plus my $50 NE2 discount. The remainder was billed to my credit card, phone is due to arrive 4/29. Yeah!

Upvote 0
True, but if you are on a family plan and not the primary NE2 line you cannot renew your contract for only 1 year at Best Buy like you can online at Verizon. Hence I'll be pre-ordering mine through Verizon.
Balls. That's the situation I'm in. Oh well, I'll just show up before my Verizon store opens on the 29th and get it in person that morning.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones