Pre-ordered Incredible todayGeneral

Last Updated:

1. TXSooner

TXSooner Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I went to Best Buy this morning as they opened and pre-ordered my Incredible. It was $200 with no rebates and I had to buy a $50 gift card that goes toward the final purchase in 10 days. Im counting down the days!

Advertisement
  2. Jason Stix Buckley

Jason Stix Buckley Well-Known Member

Nice. Congrats.

Did they have one in there to look at or are they just taking preorders?

3. hornyhippo

hornyhippo Well-Known Member

so your total is $200 with the gift card? Why you have to buy a gift card?

4. TXSooner

Nope, they didn't have one in there to play with. In fact when I got there and asked they had to look in the computer to be sure I could do it.

I guess the gift card is in case people pre order and then back out or don't show up, then at least Best Buy has $50 on you.

I just had to buy the $50 gift card and then when I go to pick up the phone, I give them that and they apply it towards the $200, so on the 29th I will end up paying $150.

5. mach330

mach330 Well-Known Member

did you ask if you can use your ne2? did you get taxed on that $50? i think it sux that they charge you tax on that $50, but when you get the phone for $200, they only apply the $50 and not the taxed $50.

6. hen

hen New Member

Did this as well...can't wait for the 29th.

7. TXSooner

Yep, I was taxed on the $50, so it was like $54 something. They said I cant use my NE2.

Reading other threads it seems I may have screwed myself out of $100 because I am eligible for the NE2, but didn't get to use it at BB. I was under the impression that it was going to be $199 no matter where I did it, even with the NE2.

8. Callahan

Callahan Well-Known Member

Yep, from what I understand, the key to getting BB to honor a NE2 is to force them to do price matching for the deal you could get from Verizon.

9. bravesfan171

bravesfan171 Well-Known Member

I wasn't taxed for it. Only $50.00. Check this link for a pic of my receipt:
    just preordered my @HTC Droid Incredible! on Twitpic

10. TXSooner

So obviously BB doesn't have a standard amongst stores.... It would seem when you buy a gift card outright you don't have to pay tax. I don't know why I didn't question it. I also am still wondering if I could have gotten it for $99 through VZW's website.

11. abadgti

abadgti Well-Known Member

Can BB add a line to my account if I purchase my incredible through them or do I need to go into a Verizon store?

12. eth555

eth555 Member

I ordered from Best Buy this morning too. I also was taxed on the gift card. It was worth it for me as my wife and I work on the 29th, so when I get off from work I can just head to Best Buy and pick it up, VS worrying about when the UPS was going to be at my house wanting a signature!

13. kmaxx

kmaxx Member

I think being taxed on gift cards are per-state. I live in California and I don't believe I've been taxed on any cards I've bought (it's been a while since I've done that, so I'm not sure if that's still the case). I would check how your state handles gift cards (CA also doesn't allow any exp. dates on gift cards so you can hang on to them "forever").

I would google "sales sax gift cards by state" or whatever.

14. XDaydreamerX11

XDaydreamerX11 Well-Known Member

Yes I agree w/ above poster it's dependant on your state :)

15. gatorjm7

gatorjm7 Well-Known Member

Same here. Went this afternoon and I'm going to add a line to my account. Got the $50 gift card and wasn't taxed on it. Can't wait for the 29th!

16. linuxguru

linuxguru Member

Yeap I pre-order mine at BB. I got a 50 gift card toward the phone. I was told that the gift card was just in case you change your mine and dont want the phone you still have your 50 bucks. Since the money put down on the pre-order is non-refundable. Now Im just waiting for the 29th now.

17. Heymull

Heymull New Member

Also pre-ordered the Incredible at my local BestBuy last night. Was not charged tax, just $50, in NY state. Taxation might be a state issue, but BestBuy is the merchant, and it is their responsibility how to handle sales tax.

Per the salesperson, in 5 days I should call BB to schedule an appointment for my pickup-visit.

18. MushroomStamp

MushroomStamp Active Member

I pre-ordered mine this morning. With tax(colorado), total came to $566.56... I am not eligible for upgrade but HATE my storm 2 so much the cost is worth it for me.

19. klownin5643

klownin5643 Well-Known Member

wanna usps me that storm 2 that you hate so much? im sure my fiance would love it... shes not eligible for an upgrade for another year and shes stuck with her crappy voyager.

i tried to reserve it through verizons website yesterday and they seemed bogged down. tried again this morning and got all the way through the process, they have an option to bill it to your account, final cost is going to be 216.00 something with tax. so when friday hits im gonna scoop it up. i think i should wait till when my next billing cycle is over though so that i don't have to pay it on this months bill.

20. bravesfan171

bravesfan171 Well-Known Member

Make sure if someone actually is able to get the phone before the 29th, let us know!!!! (with proof)!!! Some people have been saying they were told they could pick it up before then. I was not told that, and I am curious to see if it is actually true!

21. im a android but thats ok

im a android but thats ok Well-Known Member

i paid sales for my bb gift card. when i but a psn card its not taxed originally on purchase but they charge you tax when you buy things online. (nj)

22. im a android but thats ok

im a android but thats ok Well-Known Member

+1 . not that i dont trust people but many people who claim to have it are noobs with only 1 posts and raises suspicions. would like to see pixs as well perhaps a thread to show off your incredible and show up us jealous naysayers who have to wait til the 29th :D