Pre-ordering from Verizon?

1. SysAdmNj

SysAdmNj Well-Known Member

How would preordering work with this phone? Does Verizon even do that? I'm not familiar with new popular phones coming to Verizon and how they handle preordering.

Advertisement
  2. psipher

psipher Active Member

yes they do pre-orders.
    Typically they will FedEx the phone so you receive it on release day.
    No in-store pickup for online pre-orders.
  3. Curt941

Curt941 Well-Known Member

Does that include new accounts?
  4. SysAdmNj

So if the phone is suppose to be released on July 19th. When does Verizon usually let you preorder?
  5. 10splaya22

10splaya22 Well-Known Member

Yea Im wondering this as well
  6. Deathshead

Deathshead Well-Known Member

Heres what I did, I'm currently 18 months into contract with AT&T and 2 iPhone 3g's.. the service sucks and ATT knows it, ZERO service at the house,.. anyways I had it,...

Last night I called Verizon, went over pricing,etc, did the credit check, and responded to my email for my 19% discount..

I Told the rep I want all my ducks in a row here, I want you guys to let me know as soon as the pre-order is available so I can get in on it and not be stuck without a phone for months like the incredible backorder...

So I guess you can call it a "pre-order-pre-order" ;)
  7. Curt941

Curt941 Well-Known Member

I'm guessing they will announce the pre-order date on June 24th or 25th when they have their announcement.
  8. you might not want to pre order after the fiasco that happened with the HTC incredible with alot of the pre orders getting cancelled and needing to be done multiple times.
  9. drpotter2807

drpotter2807 Well-Known Member

I've never been anticipating a phone so I am not familiar with the procedure... If you go to the store that morning.. IS it Crazy????!!! Perhaps does it depend where you live??? I am in a kinda Tech-stupid area so I doubt there will be much demand but I could be wrong. I just want the phone on the day its released... however I have to get it.
  10. I went the morning the incredible was released and there was about 2 other people in the store. Maybe some other places may be crazy but around me it was dead
  11. Dino019

Dino019 Member

Verizon is making the official release announcement on June 23rd.

It will be released on July 19th
  12. drpotter2807

drpotter2807 Well-Known Member

I think I may go by the store when it gets annouced and try to make nice with the manager and see what they can do. I'd rather buy it in store and know I will be walking out with it
  13. SysAdmNj

A VZ rep at a kiosk at a bj's told me I could reserve one. I have no idea how this works. I didnt even ask as I was in a rush and had to go. Anyone know what he meant.