Pre-ordering the Incredible - Couple of QuestionsGeneral

Last Updated:

1. AngryDeadHorse

AngryDeadHorse Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

So right now my 2 lines are eligible for an upgrade. The problem is that my wife is the Primary and thus gets the NE2 discount.

Is there a way for me to make my number the primary line? Or do I buy the phone for her line then switch? What is my best option?

Next question, the car charger is pretty expensive on the VZW website. Are there cheaper alternatives?

Do the corporate discounts only apply for the primary lines?

Hands Free Headsets, any recommendations for cheap good ones?

thanks for the help,
    adh

Advertisement
  2. r5a7b

r5a7b Active Member

I am not sure if you can switch your number to the primary line, but I don't see why not.

If that doesn't work, just use her upgrade on the Incredible and switch it over. I pre-ordered the same way and drilled CS about it and they said it will be fine.

3. klownin5643

klownin5643 Well-Known Member

dont know about the primary line thing.. but i dont see why you would not be able to do that.

as for the car charger i bought my friend one for xmas off of amazon for the droid. as long as its micro usb it should work.. theres a ton on amazon for about 10-15 bucks.

as for bluetooth. i have an older jabra that came free when i got my last phone, it seems to work pretty well. im sure the new ones are better.

4. Mjcanton

Mjcanton Well-Known Member

You should be able to order it on her account and get the discount. After that you can call in and have them switch it to your line. We do it all the time in my family - my dad hasn't gotten a new phone in 5 years

5. JRunSW20

JRunSW20 Well-Known Member

I would suggest to go into a store or call customer service to have them put you as the primary if you want. They can do that by doing a simple price plan change. The thing with that is sometimes the NE2 disappears when a price plan change is done because that NE2 was specific for that line.

Honestly, I would just tell the representative to do an "Alternative Upgrade" which basically allows you to take your wife's NE2 and put the phone on your line, while you extend her contract for another 2 years. When she is ready to upgrade, she can just do the same procedure and take your upgrade, and it will go on her line, renewing you for another 2 years. It would save you and the rep the hassle of trying to retrieve that NE2, since once it disappears, now it's manager discretion to put it back.

And to answer your question about the corporate discount, yes it applies only on the primary line and off of the data plan

6. AngryDeadHorse

AngryDeadHorse Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the reply. When you say off of the data plan. Does that count even if the data plan is not for the primary?

I guess my point is should I care about switching the primary line to save any money each month?