Pre-release thread [July 16 USA release date]General

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Droid.Incredible

Droid.Incredible Well-Known Member

Please price it at $499.
  2. TNJ9

TNJ9 Member

I've been waiting for months, been so temped to settle with the TF201 but I've been holding out for the screen, only 1-2 months left, this wait is unbearable :dong:
  3. snuggles

snuggles Well-Known Member

I agree, waiting for the transformer prime redo is crazy!!! I don't know whats taking so long to fix wifi and GPS issues and upgrade the screen....WTF!!!
    I may just get the Toshiba excite.
  4. jstcynske

jstcynske Well-Known Member

I have the prime, it is a fantastic unit! I do not have wifi issues, and could care less about gps. The thing is amazing....
    With that said, Asus is not "trying" to fix anything, they are strategically releasing it, just like they should.
  5. snuggles

I need a functional GPS, so I'll wait for the 700 or hit the Toshiba excite.
  6. rcyphermd

rcyphermd Well-Known Member

Agree. My ipad2 is annoying in so many ways. Looking forward to this unit.
  7. algs26

algs26 Well-Known Member

bupolo and AndyOpie150 like this.
  8. bupolo

bupolo Well-Known Member

So this mean that will will come out . . . .?

I'm literally waiting for this to come out so I can replace my GF's POS laptop with it.
  9. stpirate

stpirate Member

I've been looking at tablets for about a month now and was just about to purchase a TF300...and then i stumble on this information.
    I guess I'll wait another month... :hmpf:
  10. snuggles

11. polag

polag New Member

Asus global has released a teaser video on their Facebook. Looks like they might finally announce it on May 31.
  12. polag

polag New Member

13. novox77

novox77 Leeeroy Jennnkinnns! VIP Member

While my excitement for the upcoming release of the Infinity is still high, I am still cringing at the cheesiness of that video. The voice was stupid. The words had no meaning, and whoever created that animation has zero design skills at all. Wow, that was bad. Looked like a high school A/V project.
    AndyOpie150 likes this.
  14. TsTab

TsTab New Member

I couldn't agree more with you....

That said, I am also patiently waiting for the release.
  15. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

This or the Samsung Galaxy S3. Decisions decisions. :confused:
  16. polag

polag New Member

17. novox77

thornyjohn likes this.
  18. thornyjohn

thornyjohn New Member

Videos are set to private...nuts.

Edit: Richie's Room, the site that had the videos that were set to private, now has the following statement up:
    Thank you for visiting our page.
    Our content regarding the ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity has been taken down
    temporarilyand will be re uploaded on the 25th of June.
    Please return on this day.

Now...why do you suppose such a specific date as June 25 is important?
    novox77 likes this.
  19. novox77

Interesting.... the vids were definitely not private when I posted. So it looks like ASUS is trying to keep things quiet... Yeah, so I guess our best guess at a release announcement will be June 25, no?
  20. sporttrac986

sporttrac986 Well-Known Member

I thought it was interesting to see that the docking station came packaged together with the Infinity. If this is actually how it will be sold, $599 would not be a bad price.
  21. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

22. snuggles

Let's get the show on the road!!!!
  23. rpretzel

rpretzel Well-Known Member

"Meanwhile, Android Authority said the Asus Transformer Pad Infinity (TF700) is headed for the United States by the end of June in both a WiFi only and an LTE version."

"The pad will go for $499 but we are not sure if that’s the price of the WiFi-only version or of the LTE version."
    -- GMA News Article

Don't know how reliable this outfit is, but it was an interesting tidbit of info on the Infinity buried in a Google tablet article.
    AndyOpie150 likes this.
  24. siggy1964

siggy1964 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately I will have to wait awhile after it's release. I am in saving money for a new truck mode.:D
  25. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Hmm .. now I'm not sure. The Acer Iconia Tab A700 is available for shipping now. Pretty impressive stats and price.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.