Pre-Root Backup

Last Updated:

1. Nottum

Nottum New Member This Topic's Starter

I'd like to use the new Unrevoked root on my Incredible. The only problem right now is that I'd like to know my path back to root-free and stock. That path currently involves wiping everything, that kinda sucks.

Right now I'm scattered throughout backups. Lookout for contacts/call history/pictures, SMS Backup/Restore for that, VZW Backup Assistant, ASTRO for my apps. I feel like restoring all that would be a pain.

Is there a way to snapshot my current pre-root state so I can restore it if I decide to unroot?

Advertisement
  2. TheWhiteBandito

TheWhiteBandito Well-Known Member

If you root using unrevoked, you will not lose anything. You simply get a rooted phone in the same state it was. I guess you could try Sprite Backup to restore everything, but I haven't restored my phone or anything.

3. Nottum

Nottum New Member This Topic's Starter

I know that rooting doesn't wipe everything, but un-rooting does. I want a backup in the un-rooted state in the case that I un-root later.

4. Paintboarder

Paintboarder New Member

Yeah i would really like to see an answer to this does anyone know? kind of like restoring an iphone after jailbreaking

5. wayrad

wayrad Well-Known Member

Doesn't MyBackup work on nonrooted phones? It wasn't available yet when I rooted.

But, once you've rooted there's no reason to go back unless you need to do a warranty return, in which case you want everything to be wiped.