Preceding Msg ModifiedGeneral

Last Updated:

1. xNJxPlague

xNJxPlague Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey, I am a big texter and when i get a message over 160 characters, i get they broken up which isnt a huge deal, but then i also get a message saying 'preceding msg modified, Media objects were removed'

I have been dealing with this for awhile so its not a big deal but if someone has a solution on how to either make all 160+ character texts one, or to just get rid of those extra messages saying that.

Advertisement
  2. smacky

smacky Banned

I believe the 2.1 leak fixes this. I had the same problem as well and with 2.1 you type out a long message and send it and you don't get any messages back, even ones "confirming" it was sent.

Are you on 1.5 or is this happening to you with 2.1?

3. xNJxPlague

I am on 1.5 but it only happens when i RECEIVE messages.. not when i send them that are more then 160

4. smacky

smacky Banned

Yeah, I know what you're saying.

I have a feeling that 2.1 fixes this. The best way, if you want to fix this, is to root and then run a 2.1 ROM. Do not upgrade using the leak as it will prevent you from rooting until something is figured out for it.

If it isn't that big of a deal and you feel uncomfortable toying with your expensive device, then you just have to live with it.

I suggest the root. You don't need much more than basic reading comprehension skills to do it.

5. xNJxPlague

Yea im going to root it any day now.. i know how, im pretty good with electronics.
    I was just waiting for the OTA but that's a joke

6. smacky

smacky Banned

Well, today was a huge win for the OTA, but it really isn't quite there yet.

Just root and all your problems should be fixed.