Prediction getting stuck?General

Last Updated:

1. PossumK

PossumK Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone have a problem with prediction getting stuck in web browsers (default Browser and Dolphin)? When I try to enter a URL like "www.youtube.com" into the search/go form, the prediction will pop up and stop at "www." or sometimes "www.y" with no option for me to use the URL that I typed. So if I hit the Go button, I end up Google searching "www." since "www." isn't a valid URL.

Advertisement
  2. Ruben

Ruben Well-Known Member

You just have to continue typing. The prediction will turn red when it can't find a word, and just let's you continue manually; this is because a URL isn't a real word (obviously).

3. PossumK

It's stuck at "www.y" even when I'm done typing "www.youtube.com". It stopped at "www.eng" when I typed in "www.engadget.com". The stuck prediction popup will stay on screen without any option to use what I typed instead of the stuck suggestion.

The only workaround I have so far is to type in the URL without a www. When I do this, sometimes I don't get a popup with suggestions while other times I get a popup with the only text being what I type as I'm typing it and the popup disappears after I hit the .com key.

I've only noticed this happening in web browsers so far. Prediction works as expected in text messaging and notepad apps.

4. poolguy

poolguy Member

Yeah, same thing here. Mine sometimes sticks after only a letter or two. I also could have sworn that Google suggest worked with the search button before the 12/11 update, but maybe I'm mistaken...

5. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

Same thing happens to me. It seems to help to add a space at the end of your typing.

6. PossumK

Other workarounds that let me use the "www." prefix:

- Get out of keyboard mode after entering a URL, then hitting the GO button next to the form.

- Hit the 12# button on the keyboard, which will make the stuck suggestion popup go away, and then hit the keyboard's GO button.

7. Ruben

Ruben Well-Known Member

That's weird because I don't have prediction available when typing in the browser.

8. PossumK

Maybe it's the feature that checks and matches previous form data, which is what the included Browser does when it's working correctly. Whatever it is, it's buggy.