Predictive text in search

1. VincentAnoid

VincentAnoid Well-Known Member

Just a small gripe.

I was searching something on my phone in the browser, on the Google homepage. Something popped up and I then accidently clicked the OK button. Now my phone doesn't display ITS predictive text when searching. The search bar on Google.co.uk is also highlighted differently. The sides (Top and bottom) have not been highlighted.

Everything else, SMS, Notes etc still show the predictive text. And I've tried landscape mode too. Checked the settings and I put 'always show corrections'. Using the Samsung Galaxy Nexus if that is of any signifcance.

NOTE: Predictive text is internally from the phone and not Google's own suggestions.

Advertisement
    :
  2. DonB

DonB ♡ Spidey Sense !! ♡ ™ Moderator

Have you tried the obvious so far, reboot phone, clear cache and data in the keypad app

3. VincentAnoid

Yep, I've done all three. I'm wondering what I could have pressed OK on in the pop-up that Google gave me :confused:

EDIT: Plus the browser app
  4. DonB

Try a different browser and see if it still happens

5. VincentAnoid

Its too much trouble to go installing another app :p Its just that pop up, wondering if Google made a slight update or something that let people choose whether they wanted it by clicking OK.
  6. DonB

It takes 30 seconds to install a different browser from the market, and you will have your answer

7. VincentAnoid

It puts folders on my phone though lol
  8. DonB

Nope simply uninstall, if there is a folder after uninstall simply delete, easy

9. VincentAnoid

Ok, I've just installed and yes the predictive text comes up with the Firefox browser on Google.co.uk

Still not on the stock browser however.
  10. DonB

So go into the stock browser from applications from your settings, and clear cache and data, and then try again

11. Metroid Prime

Metroid Prime Oil Can!!! Oil Can!!! VIP Member

Dolphin HD is a good browser.
  12. VincentAnoid

I've done this already from your first post.

"Have you tried the obvious so far, reboot phone, clear cache and data in the keypad app"
  13. DonB

Just wanted to make sure you did this from the settings and not from within the app itself

14. VincentAnoid

Its the only way to do it, from the settings (Quite sure anyway). I guess I'll live with it
  15. DonB

Well again, you have options, use a 3rd party browser, they are all much better then the stock one anyways IMO, or you can do a FR and I bet that will resolve your issue, but if you do that make sure you have up all your info needed.

FYI there are other ways to clear cache and data, from other 3rd part apps