• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Predictive text no longer working

jstabe

Oct 23, 2012
My tablet recently did an automatic software update and now predictive text isn't working. The suggested words still show up in blue, but they no longer input automatically. For example, if I type "bluek", it shows blue in white text and leaves the misspelling in blue and inputs that. I have to tap the right word instead of the keyboard making the correction. Does anyone know how to fix this?

My tablet recently did an automatic software update and now predictive text isn't working. The suggested words still show up in blue, but they no longer input automatically. For example, if I type "bluek", it shows blue in white text and leaves the misspelling in blue and inputs that. I have to tap the right word instead of the keyboard making the correction. Does anyone know how to fix this?

You can correct this by changing the settings in the Samsung Keyboard. Tap your clock then tap Settings, then scroll to and tap under Personal, Language and input. Tap the cog next to Samsung keyboard.
Screenshot_2013_01_17_23_03_22.png

Screenshot_2013_01_17_23_03_31.png

Tap Predictive text...
Screenshot_2013_01_17_23_03_36.png

to change the settings to what you prefer.

Reactions: jstabe
Upvote 0
You can correct this by changing the settings in the Samsung Keyboard. Tap your clock then tap Settings, then scroll to and tap under Personal, Language and input. Tap the cog next to Samsung keyboard.
Screenshot_2013_01_17_23_03_22.png

Screenshot_2013_01_17_23_03_31.png

Tap Predictive text...
Screenshot_2013_01_17_23_03_36.png

to change the settings to what you prefer.

I didn't know there were settings under the predictive text, so thank you for that.

I've played around with all of that and it's still not working the way it used to. Very frustrating. I'm about to turn the predictive text off since it's not any help at all.

Thanks for trying!

Upvote 0
My predictive text also stopped working as above. Madness!
For some reason qhen I click on "predictive text" settings I do not get the options in the above image, just "add accounts" such as facebook!
I have clicked & searched & still nothing.

(I would have added a screen-cap but couldn't work out how as the add image button here is for links note saved images)

Any advice gratefuly appreciated

Upvote 0
in my samsung galaxy tab having no option under predctive tex like auto word complition,Auto Correct Spelling.

So pls help for the same.

I didn't know there were settings under the predictive text, so thank you for that.

I've played around with all of that and it's still not working the way it used to. Very frustrating. I'm about to turn the predictive text off since it's not any help at all.

Thanks for trying!

Upvote 0
it is showing Learn from Facebook,Learn from Gmail instead of Spell check and Auto Spell Complition.

Thanks for trying!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones