Predictive text (saved text correction)General

Last Updated:

1. irmac

irmac Well-Known Member

You know how when you type something incorrectly it corrects it to the most likely word? Well, in a few cases I have saved words on accident, like I saved the word "tou" once by accident. So now every time I type that it stays at that and doesn't auto correct to "you." How can I go into my saved words or even predictive text menu and edit words?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. textstev

textstev Well-Known Member

I would like to know this too,

Also switch to swype! hehe, i know it seems complicated to install, but so far it's amazing! no lag on load, and really smooth.
  3. irmac

irmac Well-Known Member

Also try handcent, I love it!
  4. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest

5. ryan79260

ryan79260 Active Member

I've not seen a way that you can selectively remove words that you've added over time, but you can reset it all back to zero... Menu -> Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> Touch Input -> Clear Data.

This will clear out all your custom dictionary words. I've done it a couple of times due to having some mistakes in there that continue to appear. Hope this helps.
  6. jentig

jentig New Member

Found this in another thread:
    Settings>Language & keyboard>Touch Input>User Dictionary
  7. mattjphoto

mattjphoto Well-Known Member

I posted this last night about how this is my new favorite part of 2.1. If you are running 1.5 still you are just out of luck on editing words.