predictive txt question

Last Updated:

1. james_uk

james_uk Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Im currently using froyo, updated last night, my question isnt froyo related as such as i had the same question before i just didnt bother asking it. lol

I do like using the predictive txt on my desire, i find it much easier, one question i have though, is there anyway to change the order in which the phone gives suggestions, so if it always predictes a certain word as the 2nd option, is there anyway to make that word always the first option?

for instance if i type they, which i do a lot, view always is the first option, it would be so much more useful for me to be able to set certain words as the first prediction.

can this be done at all?

James

Advertisement
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Do you actually want something to appear first in the list or do you just want the word to be green? If its green, it will auto select that word when you press space or full stop etc. Its the green word you need to be concerned about rather than what order it appears in the list.

I believe the more you choose a certain word, it learns this and eventually that word would start to become the word that is in green.

3. james_uk

james_uk Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

hi thanks for your reply.
    Yes when the word turns green i know you can just press space and it will auto choose it, i just meant when that green word isn't the word you wnat to use and i have to keep pressing the down arror to select the one i do want, can i choose that word as the first (green) word that appears by default.

The example i gave is the biggest annoyance i have, everytime i type they i get view first. and in my mind, i think i use they a hell of a lot more than view in my messeges, so would rather it be the first choice as i can just space past it.

I didnt know in time it will teach its self, i hope froyo is much faster at learning than the older version then, i have had my phone since about april / may and i still have to keep pressing the down arror to choose 'they', and other words i use more commonly.

4. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

You can't choose what it displays as green but eventually it will learn it.

Unless there are some apps on the market? Not sure what they would be though.

5. Shazbat

Shazbat Well-Known Member

I've noticed since my 2.2 update this week, that if I want the word 'if' it will now default to this first rather than 'of' which it annoyingly did before (and 'of' was alwas the second word). I don't know whether it's as a result of the update or it's just learnt to spell proper ....