Premium Account option now live!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phases

Phases Community Manager Administrator

Alright everyone, we're finally flipping the switch and letting those who wish to donate a bit to help with the continued success of the site do just that, with a couple benefits.

Details here:
    AndroidForums.com: Premium Memberships Now Available! | Android Phone Fans

p.s. And yes, at the moment the "VIP" forum is really just an empty forum, nothing special - just to be up front. ;)

p.p.s. For the record - rules still apply. Don't want anyone donating/signing-up-for-premium and then getting banned, that'd just stink!

Advertisement
    Trident likes this.
  2. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

First premium member :p
  3. Phases

Phases Community Manager Administrator

lol Nice, goes with with the caddy symbol!
  4. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

lol... i think this option should be available to staff members free since we provide an invaluable service.. :)
  5. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

Ok, donated. This is a great site and deserves it.
  6. BiGMERF

i wish i could but as a social security recipient im on a budget :(. thats why you see me all the time here.. lol
  7. vido.ardes

vido.ardes Well-Known Member

Is there any chance of a Google checkout option? I was gonna throw some money your way now you have a donate link, but I don't have a paypal account
  8. whewstoosae

whewstoosae Well-Known Member

Long time lurker and want to join the club! You guys deserve it. I appreciate all that you do.
  9. Trident

Trident VIP Member VIP Member

Okay, so I just signed up for the 6 month subscription! A bit confused to how I will be in both the Phone Guide user group as well as the Premium user group at the same time, though.
  10. Trident

Trident VIP Member VIP Member

A PayPal account isn't necessary. All you need is a credit card.
  11. ccapasso

ccapasso Well-Known Member

Donated. Great site and enjoy all of it.
  12. BiGMERF

maybe there some be some levels of contributions instead of one option for those who cant contribute that much
  13. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

I think monthly or bi yearly is pretty good
  14. BiGMERF

or maybe the 20 dollars spread out over the 6 months. that would be fair. you still get your 20, just over the 6 months instead of in one shot
  15. tatonka_Hero

tatonka_Hero Well-Known Member

If I had a job (or was even eligible for unemployment), I'd do it. Of course, I'd buy a few apps if that were the case as well lol
  16. DanSan

DanSan Well-Known Member

donated!
  17. vido.ardes

vido.ardes Well-Known Member

Don't have one of them either. I don't believe in spending money I don't have (only debt I have is Mortgage)
  18. DanielWalker

DanielWalker Well-Known Member

I feel your pain.

I can't donate right now but thanks for everything guys!
  19. godsdragon

godsdragon VIP Member VIP Member

Ok. I donated... I think 20.00 is a bit too much for 6 months... But, anyway, I donated... Now what...lol:p
  20. LiverpoolsNo9

LiverpoolsNo9 Well-Known Member

IMO 14.95 for 6 months and 24.95 for 12 months would be better.
  21. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

Donated. My paypal address is different than my email address here ... but I'm guessing you guys will sort that out.

LOL

By the time I posted this, it was a done deal. Good job.
  22. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

OK, as I read it, these are recurring memberships that will be charged over and over every so often?
  23. Rob

Rob I'm tellin' mommy on you! Administrator

@johnlgalt - That's correct - from what I understand, when the end of the time period is approaching, the forum will send you a PM and/or EMail letting you know that if it's NOT a recurring subscription you need to renew or you'll revert back to normal membership. I'll make sure it includes a link to http://paypal.com explaining you'll need to unsubscribe through their website if you ARE signed up for a recurring subscription that you want to discontinue.

Right now we have 3 "levels":

• $5/month
    • $19.95/6-months
    • Donate whatever you want via Paypal
    The $5/month makes the most sense as a "recurring" payment. In terms of offering a single, one-time donation vs. recurring subscription, we'll probably continue to get feedback and see what's best for everyone. This is our first time doing anything like this so it's a learning experience. Phases and I have been talking hours and hours each day about what you folks are saying and what you folks want - it's all about finding a balance that works out for everyone.

By all means, keep the comments coming because we're listening and taking everything into consideration. Thanks to everyone for helping make AF so great!
  24. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Understandable - over at Calendarofupdates, we run a yearly donation marathon, as well as asking for donations from folks every now and again, but he site is a lot smaller than this place. The majority of the traffic comes from folks viewing the calendar....

I just wish I was not a college student - so many things I want to buy / donate to...that should be solved soon, opening a business account from the money I make doing computer repair - comes with a VISA check card :D

Thanks for the clarification Rob!
  25. danlaw777

danlaw777 Well-Known Member

guys, I'd LOVE to donate, just found out tho i am losing my job in may, and my house in april. I'll try and scrape some money together, cuz im here several times a day and love all the info i get here. Keep up the good work!

btw... i am NOT losing my droid....LMAO!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.