• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Premium Account option now live!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phases

NO LONGER ADMIN
Sep 9, 2008
Nashville, TN
Alright everyone, we're finally flipping the switch and letting those who wish to donate a bit to help with the continued success of the site do just that, with a couple benefits.

Details here:
AndroidForums.com: Premium Memberships Now Available! | Android Phone Fans

p.s. And yes, at the moment the "VIP" forum is really just an empty forum, nothing special - just to be up front. ;)

p.p.s. For the record - rules still apply. Don't want anyone donating/signing-up-for-premium and then getting banned, that'd just stink!

Reactions: Trident
@johnlgalt - That's correct - from what I understand, when the end of the time period is approaching, the forum will send you a PM and/or EMail letting you know that if it's NOT a recurring subscription you need to renew or you'll revert back to normal membership. I'll make sure it includes a link to http://paypal.com explaining you'll need to unsubscribe through their website if you ARE signed up for a recurring subscription that you want to discontinue.

Right now we have 3 "levels":

• $5/month
  • $19.95/6-months
  • Donate whatever you want via Paypal
The $5/month makes the most sense as a "recurring" payment. In terms of offering a single, one-time donation vs. recurring subscription, we'll probably continue to get feedback and see what's best for everyone. This is our first time doing anything like this so it's a learning experience. Phases and I have been talking hours and hours each day about what you folks are saying and what you folks want - it's all about finding a balance that works out for everyone.

By all means, keep the comments coming because we're listening and taking everything into consideration. Thanks to everyone for helping make AF so great!

Upvote 0
Understandable - over at Calendarofupdates, we run a yearly donation marathon, as well as asking for donations from folks every now and again, but he site is a lot smaller than this place. The majority of the traffic comes from folks viewing the calendar....

I just wish I was not a college student - so many things I want to buy / donate to...that should be solved soon, opening a business account from the money I make doing computer repair - comes with a VISA check card :D

Thanks for the clarification Rob!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones