• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Preordering is for losers

Status
Not open for further replies.

backdown

Android Enthusiast
Apr 23, 2010
Went into radioshack the other day and was just browsing, and i noticed they just unboxed the show version for the htc evo, fully functional of course. So i asked him if i could mess around with it for a bit, and he said sure. Played around with it for only 10 minutes (gonna go out and play with it today since its raining!) and we started talking about it. First impression, its huge. I have the moment, and i wanna say its a good 1/4 moment bigger than the moment. Not a huge problem (pun worthy), as it still fits nicely in my hands. He suggested i get a second battery (of course, hes a salesman) and i told him i have already checked out batteries and the HTC Hero battery, along with the HD2 battery fit it so im going to order them before they spike in price. (gonna go generic and get 2 x 2 batteries for 12$/2, and a usb/ac cradle charger for 20$ from amazon). He tells me that the hero battery will not fit it (not snottily), and i told him they have the same dimensions so of course they will fit. He proceeds to pull his hero out and puts the battery on top of the evo battery, perfect fit. He goes, "oh, maybe it does fit then". He was cool about the whole thing, so i had no hard feelings. He then said the preorders are done, but if i get there early enough then i can get a phone still..so looks like ill be at radioshack at 7 A.M., with my coffee and donuts! Anyone else in Ohio going to be getting the evo? Im in sidney, 30 mins from Lima and Dayton.

I pre-ordered my EVO at Radioshack a few days after they started. Of course it required me to purchase the $50 giftcard as my "hold" on the phone. But no where on the receipt or terms do I see anything referencing a $20 discount. Was this offer for certain stores or all stores?

Upvote 0
I pre-ordered my EVO at Radioshack a few days after they started. Of course it required me to purchase the $50 giftcard as my "hold" on the phone. But no where on the receipt or terms do I see anything referencing a $20 discount. Was this offer for certain stores or all stores?

Radioshack had a promo where if you pre-order, they give you a $20 store credit to buy accessories when you purchase the phone.

Pre-order at Best Buy however, gives you a free Plantronic blue-tooth headset (which is a piece of crap), but it comes with a micro-usb charging cable, which you can use as a second charging cable for your EVO. Either way it's about the same deal.

Some other people have mentioned if you ask the salespeople, they may throw in a free car charger. Never hurts to try. Just tell them you're worried about battery life.

Reactions: Sketchr
Upvote 0
I was too late to preorder but went to best buy anyway. He said he had some cancellations after the preorder period ended and still expects to get those phones. He said he should have a couple left that I could get if I come early enough. My dilemma is whether or not to just go to the local sprint store where they did not do pre orders and just get one there or take my chance at best buy.

Upvote 0
I am not sure what to do. I don't mind going to sprint with the MIR, but obviously BB is better. I just don't want to go to BB, them tell me they dont have a surplus of phones, and then get to Sprint and them tell me they are sold out..

I would *definitely* go to the Sprint Store if you want your EVO on the 4th. Inventory will be much higher than BB.

Upvote 0
It was simply a joke guys, calm down. Of course pre order is better, as you are guarenteed the phone and don't have to wait. But, i do enjoy waiting in lines, and i will be up around 7 anyways..so no loss to me.
Although you may state now that its a joke, any member that has pre-ordered and see that title will get ticked off.

As for myself a pre-ordered member, I am quite happy that i did it, both in Radio Shack and EVP.

TS out

Upvote 0
Pre-ordering is for sissies without any stamina to wait in an actual line :)

I mean c'mon - half the fun is waiting in line with other aficionados and like minded individuals getting all jazzed up for the store opening, grabbing your EVO, and screaming like a little girl showing your phone to the world as you walk out..

Bring on the lawn chairs!

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0
Pre-ordering is for sissies without any stamina to wait in an actual line :)

I mean c'mon - half the fun is waiting in line with other aficionados and like minded individuals getting all jazzed up for the store opening, grabbing your EVO, and screaming like a little girl showing your phone to the world as you walk out..

Bring on the lawn chairs!

While all that is going on, My wife and I will be putting our energy into playing with the phone while you are still in line hoping that they don't sell out and you end up without one. It could happen you know.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones