Last Updated:

1. imnotmikal

imnotmikal Well-Known Member Developer

Thought I might as well post this.
    Anyone here a big "game preorderer"?
    I've always been the type of person to pay for a game entirely before it comes out, so I'm not hit with $60 at one time.

Here's my list of what I have preordered so far:
    Assassin's Creed 3 [360] - Paid For
    Dishonored [360] - Paid For
    Need for Speed: Most Wanted [360] - $20 down
    CoD: Black Ops II [360] - $20 down
    South Park: The Stick of Truth [360] - $5 down
    Lego City: Undercover [WiiU] - $5 down
    Wii U Pro Controller - $5 down

I also have $5 on Borderlands 2, but I'm not sure if I want it or not. I preordered it on my way home last night, just incase I end up wanting it, then I'm guaranteed the preorder bonuses. :p

I've been trying to find somewhere to preorder a Wii U, but I haven't found one yet, so I might just have a game and a controller on release day... lol

I also have my own personal "preorder bank account" for GTA V and Watch Dogs. Neither are preorderable yet, so I have the money for those sitting in partition of bank account right now.

I'm addicted...

2. Italo

Italo Well-Known Member

Every once in a while I'll pre-order for a particular bonus, or discount. Otherwise I'll just go buy it. It's rare for stores to run out of stock now a days. So, I wait until reviews come out before deciding if I want to purchase. I don't like paying for a game up front unless I'm confident it's going to be good (seen gameplay footage, early impressions, dev track record, etc.). I've been burned too many times to not research before purchasing.
  3. syi

syi Well-Known Member

Paper Mario and the sticker star saga
  4. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire Developer

I don't buy a lot of games, but when I do.. I pay it off in full pre-release
  5. 9to5cynic

9to5cynic Well-Known Member

I hardly ever preorder any more. And I usually don't get games on release date (latest exception: skyrim).... Where I live, I can usually find a copy of whatever I'm looking for. I do have a preorder for assassins creed, but that was mainly because:
    A) I think it'll be a really cool game
    B) I got an extra 50% on my trade ins
    C) I got to take home a metal game case.

Imagine the Most Interesting Man meme:
    I don't always preorder games,
    but when I do, it's because it pays for itself
    :p :D
  6. NYCHitman1

I tried that in the post above yours, but clearly it was an epic fail :(
  7. 9to5cynic

9to5cynic Well-Known Member

Nahh... I think I just missed it the first time. I immediately see it now. :p
  8. MacFett

MacFett Well-Known Member

Usually I only pre-order the new Pokemon games.
  9. trophynuts

trophynuts Well-Known Member

yeah i usually only do pre orders when i know for a fact i want the game or when they're offering lots of cool stuff like with CoD. I pre-ordered the hardened edition to get the new NukeTown stuff.
  10. NYCHitman1

They still make those?
  11. MacFett

Yes and the newest two release next month.
  12. nancy30

nancy30 Well-Known Member

preorders are usually bad idea i think
  13. syi

syi Well-Known Member

2 about every 2 years, 3rd a year year and a half later
  14. MacFett

There hasn't been a 3rd since Platinum.
  15. syi

syi Well-Known Member

Well we didn't get electric yellow either. Could still happen given the nature of legends this time around
  16. ToastPwnz

ToastPwnz Well-Known Member

I'm pretty careful about what I preorder ever since Black Ops and Crysis 2, since both of those games were borderline awful.

GW2 and MoH: Warfighter have been the only things I've preordered recently, Dice and Arena Net (on most occasions) are some of the few game companies I trust to release quality content.
  17. droidmau5

droidmau5 Member

Pre-ordered AC3 and Halo 4, both for 360. Recently pre-ordered Dishonored, its amazing! :)
  18. la sal

la sal Well-Known Member

Not big but got Sniper Ghost Warrior 2 on preorder at Gamestop. It was only $5 down for a $40 game.
  19. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

I rarely buy games, and I even more rarely pre-order them. ut I bought Mass Effect 3 - still playing. I bought Skyrim - still playing. I bought NFS: Shift 2: Unleashed - still playing. And I pre-ordered and bought Diablo III b/c, well, I'm a Diablo freak.

I'm going to pre-order Watch Dogs. It's a must have for me.
  20. syi

syi Well-Known Member

Boy are you in for the disappointment of a lifetime. What didn't you like about blops? Seemed like a cut and dry CoD installment with a fun little zombies mini game
  21. ToastPwnz

ToastPwnz Well-Known Member

PC release was terrible, so many bugs and so much lag it was almost unplayable. That didn't annoy me as much as how long it took them to fix the issues, and some of them, that I don't remember, been ages since I played that game, never even got fixed.
  22. big_z

big_z Well-Known Member

I never preorder any game. With the exception of event tickets, I will never fork over money just to "hold" an item, and certainly not a fast-depreciating item like a video game. If anybody's going to make money on the float, it's going to be me.
  23. imnotmikal

imnotmikal Well-Known Member Developer

Time for my next batch of money wasters...

Assassin's Creed 4 - PS3
    GTA V - PS3 and 360
    Battlefield 4 - 360
    Saints Row 4 - 360
    Destiny - PS3
    Beyond: Two Souls - PS3
    The Last of Us - PS3
    Injustice: Gods Among Us - 360

I might have more, already forgot.
    I'll be switching all that I can over to next gen when available, just wanted to start early... lol

All are currently paid in full. >.>
  24. dibblebill

dibblebill Well-Known Member

Only games I've preordered recently:

Slender: The Arrival
    Bioshock Infinite.