Prep for ICS roll out?General

Last Updated: 2012-07-26 22:49:11
  1. lens pirate

lens pirate Well-Known Member

So It seems we are getting ICS this week.

I am thinking of doing a factory reset on my phone before hand. Does this make any sense at all?

I just don't want to carry over any junk or issues during the upgrade.

What of anything are you guys doing to prepare?

Advertisement
  2. mrjinglesusa

mrjinglesusa Well-Known Member

I was rooted so I used RSD to go back to .744 (?) and let it update all the way to .173. I am completely STOCK .173 now.

Trying to decide if I want to root again before the ICS update or stay unrooted...
  3. Misleadb4

Misleadb4 Well-Known Member

Im back to. 173 stock unrooted, coming from rooted, running axiom rom overclocked 1375, but thats illrelivant now with that ICS coming soon.

Oh i used the batman utility to come back stock.
  4. sandystorm

sandystorm Well-Known Member

I was told to do factory reset after you install the update so I really dont know what should be done. Hopefully someone will give correct answer
  5. oOMavrikOo

oOMavrikOo Well-Known Member

I could be wrong, but wouldn't taking an update as big as this force you to do a factory reset in the process?
  6. euph_22

euph_22 Well-Known Member

No, it won't.
  7. ltmcgill

ltmcgill Active Member

Not necessary to Wipe. The only program I had a problem with after the upgrade was the factory camera app. It kept force closing when I would try to open it. I went in to Mange Apps and Cleared Data for the Camera app and everything has been fine since.
    sandystorm likes this.
  8. chris4x4

chris4x4 Well-Known Member

No need to do any reset or wipe. Just upgrad and call it good. The most you should have to do is reboot.
  9. sandystorm

sandystorm Well-Known Member

I sure hope your right because when I had Revolution and they went to Gingerbread Verizon told me to do factory reset after the update and thats a pain starting from scratch
  10. oOMavrikOo

oOMavrikOo Well-Known Member

If you think it's a pain doing a factory reset, don't ever root.
  11. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Typically a factory reset helps if you have problems after an update. Sometimes you need it... sometimes you don't.

No kidding!!! Doing the ICS leak now.... back to scratch I go. :(
  12. m3incorp

m3incorp Well-Known Member

Not sure about ICS this week as I just got updated to .181 and it definitely isn't ICS.
  13. euph_22

euph_22 Well-Known Member

Notice how all the posts are from April 2nd? The "this week" everyone was talking about was almost a month ago. And we probably won't be seeing ICS from a little while (a few weeks to a couple months probably). Unless you root and install it yourself :)
  14. narayanan9190

narayanan9190 Well-Known Member

i so dont wanna root my razr...but if the ics keeps getting delayed like this...curiosity will definitely kill the cat ;)
  15. HookEmHorns*UT*

HookEmHorns*UT* Well-Known Member

Agreed!
  16. Matesims23

Matesims23 Well-Known Member

I wish it would hurry up.. looks so awesome
  17. ALurker

ALurker Well-Known Member

Agreed. It's going to be a while. I'm guessing 2 months, end of June.
  18. RUBZERK

RUBZERK Well-Known Member

i just got the update last night. it knocked out my root. now i cant get root back. any help would be welcomed
  19. Grey1001

Grey1001 Well-Known Member

20. lens pirate

lens pirate Well-Known Member

Funny turns out a little prep ( like a full wipe and reset) was a good idea for the ICS update. LOL