• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

President Donald Trump...

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can always hope that now the campaign is over he'll drop some of the BS, but it's hard to see why we should expect him to fundamentally change. So sure, utterly unworkable nonsense like the wall might be forgotten (but can he lose that much face?), but it's hard to believe that a man who had to have his Twitter password taken from him to stop him from derailing his own campaign will somehow become a thoughtful statesperson now that he's actually got the power he wanted.

And of course as a physicist, and a citizen of this planet capable of thinking more than one political cycle ahead, the idea of a climate change denier as president plus a congress where both houses are run by a party dominated by that counter-factual thinking in charge of one of the world's biggest polluting nations is frankly terrifying. The laws of physics can't be argued with, lobbied against or ignored in the name of corporate profit. And his anti-environmental ideology isn't just something put on for the campaign, as anyone in Scotland can tell you. Nor will the consequences only fall on those responsible, so this isn't just about the resiliency of the American people.

Upvote 0
We can always hope that now the campaign is over he'll drop some of the BS,

I feel that the business man side of him will have a lot more control than his public speaking side, once he is in office, and has advisors around him coaching on how the world at large works.

as for building a block wall around our nation, that IMO is going to just fall thru the cracks and sort of, not get mentioned too much anymore... all of our politicians have made promises of the changes that they are "going to make".

but the reality of it is, Congress has a lot of control on what actually happens, and getting stuff thru both houses of congress is a hard job if it don't make everyone feel good.

Executive Orders are not law.... and I feel that Trump will try and do what he said, and nullify the bad ones that Obama has created.... IMO, Obama has done more to destroy the credibility of our nation around the world, than all of the previous administrations combined: all the way back to 1776.

Reactions: bcrichster
Upvote 0
Nobody pays any attention to history anymore. Both sides got some things wrong, but more of the errors were his.

I'd like to know just what is being taught and why no one can remember.

I can remember some of the older generation (before baby boomers) who would NOT speak FDR's name. He was always "That Man"

Upvote 0
IMO, Obama has done more to destroy the credibility of our nation around the world, than all of the previous administrations combined: all the way back to 1776.

I'm afraid I agree with hadron on this one. I believe Bush took that honour hands down as being the most unintellectual president in history. The man couldn't string a coherent sentence together. Frankly Obama was a breath of fresh air in comparison.

I cannot speak for the domestic impact Obama has had on the American people, but as we're talking international credibility, speaking as someone from the UK, Bush was king of the dorks.

I believed he would hold that crown for all eternity, but now Trump has come along...

Reactions: shalemail
Upvote 0
I'm afraid I agree with hadron on this one. I believe Bush took that honour hands down as being the most unintellectual president in history. The man couldn't string a coherent sentence together. Frankly Obama was a breath of fresh air in comparison.

I cannot speak for the domestic impact Obama has had on the American people, but as we're talking international credibility, speaking as someone from the UK, Bush was king of the dorks.

I believed he would hold that crown for all eternity, but now Trump has come along...

Berlusconi has to be up there in contention for supreme dork, but I reckon Trump trumps him.

Upvote 0

Sorry Obama is as bad.
We could compare his "intellect" but he won't release his college records. And just because he speaks much better than Bush doesn't make him smarter. Following that logic Stephen Hawking is ********.
Obama has been a complete failure and polled as the worst president in US history and he will remain the worst president in history long after Trump's term is complete.

I am republican that is obvious but have voted for Dem. women often in my home state and I was never a Trump fan on a personal level.
But Hillary is as corrupt as they come and we need a change.

If you have rats in the basement and ask your neighbor if he knows a good exterminator.

Yes I do he is the best there is but he is the biggest a hole you have ever met.

do you hire him? Sometimes you just need to get rid of the rats.

Upvote 0
True but who knows the future?
I think 2 days into it is a bit premature to start making judgements.
I won't defend him and his personality all I am saying is our system is virtually broken and perhaps someone from the outside can help fix it. I am hoping that it is change for the better isn't that all I can do?

PS Obama was the vote for "change" instead we got 8 years of complete shite. He couldn't get anything done so he used executive order for everything.
We need to be a country of laws not men. And when the president uses exec. order to break the law we take a step backward. BTW what was his qualifications? I think one term senator but before that he ran a community center?

Upvote 0
Has nobody else realized that the US already has a wall on the Mexican border?

The only differences between the wall currently there to the current technology for walls around far forward US military bases is that you can see through the Mexican wall and it's longer. The border wall is more like a fence, the military walls see more like fences with fabric liners filled with dirt.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones