• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Press 1 To Answer Your Calls, I Have Your Fix

Hi friends, I am a new user on this forum but I have been an android user for a while now.

Anyways, If you have an android phone and you have to press 1 to answer your calls here is your fix.

1. Go to GOOGLE.VOICE.COM and log in with your Gmail account and password.

2. On the far right of the next screen there is a gear looking thing with a drop down menu, click it, then click settings.

3. A bunch of blue link type options will pop up, select calls.

4. There should be a call screening option, turn it off. The setting will save automatically and you shouldn't have to press one anymore when people call you.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Hi friends, I am a new user on this forum but I have been an android user for a while now.

Anyways, If you have an android phone and you have to press 1 to answer your calls here is your fix.

1. Go to GOOGLE.VOICE.COM and log in with your Gmail account and password.

2. On the far right of the next screen there is a gear looking thing with a drop down menu, click it, then click settings.

3. A bunch of blue link type options will pop up, select calls.

4. There should be a call screening option, turn it off. The setting will save automatically and you shouldn't have to press one anymore when people call you.

The only issue with this is that sometimes your calls come through as unknown or just the number, not the specific name of the contact saved into your device, because I have used Google voice and had this issue once I turned off call screening

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
The only issue with this is that sometimes your calls come through as unknown or just the number, not the specific name of the contact saved into your device, because I have used Google voice and had this issue once I turned off call screening

There is an option for group calls and unknown numbers too, I believe. If not I shall delve further into this and figure out why that tends to be a problem for some people. Anyways, this was just a general post for anyone who may be having that issue, if it doesn't work for you or you are having further issues just post here and I shall see what i can do.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones