Press-and-Hold AdjustmentTips

Last Updated:

1. Stang70Fastback

Stang70Fastback Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Perhaps there is a setting for this, but wouldn't it be nice if we could adjust how long you have to press and hold on the stock keyboard app before it activates the shifted character? I feel as though the amount of time it requires you to hold is about 10x longer than a standard key tap. It should be half what it is now. Would be nice to have a way to set it to your liking; it would definitely increase typing speed...

Advertisement
  2. Darkshear

Darkshear Active Member

/signed

3. long hur

long hur New Member

agreed maybe add another row of numbers to the top of the keyboard is what i was thinking

4. novox77

novox77 Leeeroy Jennnkinnns! VIP Member

have you guys tried any keyboards other than the stock?

5. daystrom

daystrom Well-Known Member

I couldn't stand the HTC keyboard so I installed the stock Android keyboard. Much better now.

I came from an iPhone 3GS and was spoiled on that keyboard. Heck, it almost thought for you. That's one thing I really miss!

6. JoshUng

JoshUng Well-Known Member

I use Swype, its pretty good, but it isn't pre-installed on the Evo so you need to get it through the Beta, which needs to reinstalled a lot (at least on my phone). The bad thing is, if you ever need to go back to a standard keyboard, it feel imposible.

I have Swiftkey, which is okay. The thing with this is, it learns what you type, which is good. However, until you use it a lot, it doesn't actually add anything. It doesn't seem to predict words or spelling like the HTC keyboard does. If you put enough time into it, I'm sure it will be great, but "out of the box" it may not seem like much.