• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Prestigio 5097 9.7 Multipad Ultra

Moved thread to Tablet Talk from PCs, as this thread is about an Android tablet

A cheap Chinese device. Provided it's reliable, and doesn't go faulty within a few weeks, or have any inherent design defects, it should be OK.

Probably will be OK, as long as you're buying from a reputable retailer in your own country, and NOT Ebay or Chinese wholesaler.

Upvote 0
Moved thread to Tablet Talk from PCs, as this thread is about an Android tablet

A cheap Chinese device. Provided it's reliable, and doesn't go faulty within a few weeks, or have any inherent design defects, it should be OK.

Probably will be OK, as long as you're buying from a reputable retailer in your own country, and NOT Ebay or Chinese wholesaler.

Thanks for the quick reply, sorry about posting in the wrong thread..

Which would be the better option?

The Toshiba AT300 Tablet PC or the Prestigio Multipad 9.7 Ultra ...

Or what would you recommend yourself in that price category?

Cheers

Upvote 0
I think Prestigio is mainly an importer and distributor of low-cost Chinese tech products, and puts their own branding on them. Whereas Toshiba is the actual manufacturer of their own products. Myself, I'd certainly get the Toshiba. I don't even know where Prestigio are based, contact is anonymous webform/email only, and the website is registered in Cyprus. They're probably OK though for warranty and that, because they appear to sell through reputable retailers, like Littlewoods in the UK.

If you got the money to spend on the Toshiba AT300, you've got a number of options for good devices from several reputable manufacturers, like Samsung, Asus, LG, Motorola, HTC, Sony, etc. Myself I'd go for the Asus Transformer Prime, but is probably a little bit more expensive.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones