• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Pretty sure I wrecked my phone..

steveownedu

Lurker
Apr 30, 2010
I'm a first time rooter and I think I may have bricked my Sprint Hero. I'm using the flashrec method and using the fresh 1.1 rom. I first downloaded the flash recovery apk and downloaded the recovery image. I used the flash recovery apk and it worked fine and it was successful. I then turned off my phone and turned it back on, (not thinking) and now everything is shut off and a bunch of stuff force closes. For example it said "com.android.phone has stoppped working" and a bunch of other stuff like that and I force closed them all. I know where I went wrong though. I forgot to put the rom on my sd card and I also forgot to boot it up in recovery mode or whatever it is. I tried resetting my phone to factory defaults and it stayed at the htc screen for like half an hour and nothing happened. Should I wait even longer? Also, since it turns the brightness all the way up on that screen, it drains my battery. The amber led charge light doesn't come on when I plug the charger into my phone. Is it still charging while it's resetting to defaults? I don't want my phone to shut off while it's restoring. I know I'm asking a lot, but thanks to whoever can help me.

Put the rom you want in the root of the flash card. Boot into recovery. Select the option to flash zip and then click on the rom you put into the root. Follow the instructions, allowing it to load. Then reboot. Sounds like you just need to re-flash whatever rom you want. As long as you can boot into recovery you are fine. But, why not flash a 2.1 rom....far superior!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones