• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Prevail LTE root

Did this method work for you?

• Total voters
@ubigred are you saying you got the hotspot to work after rooting? Right now I'm using usb tether and haven't found a solution for hotspot yet. What are you using?

PTI! EASILY GET HOTSPOT WORKING BY DOWNLOADING XPOSED AND THE XPOSED MODULE XBLAST TOOLS...AND CHECK THE BOX TO REMOVE TETHERING PROVISIONS...AND BOOM!!!!! UNLIMITED WIFI TETHERING!!!!

Upvote 0
@ThaAdvocate - Thanks for the heads up. I just noticed now that I lost root after the SuperSU application auto updated on the playstore. It says to update the binary but since we don't have a custom recovery I can't do it that way and the normal way doesn't work. I'm trying to figure out what my options are to get SU back so I can do that. I tried go back through odin to install the SuperSU but it doesn't look like that restores my SU either. I may just have to go back to stock. I saw there was a file called "ALL_SPT_G360PVPU0ANL8_G360PSPT0ANL8_CL314173_QB3361736_REV00_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5" that I understand would take me back to factory. Then I can re-do the SuperSU. I am obviously not an expert though so let me know if you have found a way to update the SuperSu binary. I have tried within SuperSU to reinstall, uninstall, and fix but it seems like I'm stuck where it thinks I have SU permission but whenever I try to run anything that requires SU it fails to get SU. I'm going to keep popping around. Thanks.

Reactions: ThaAdvocate
Upvote 0
do you have busy box installed.......if busy box is installed and you can run it and install the updated binaries through busy box...you stilll have root access and shuld be able to update binary with SuperSu........if thats doesnt work for you..go ahead and flash the stock firmware that you posted about in the last post and flash the CFroot through odin,,,and make sure you installl busy box before updating the binaries in SuperSu

Upvote 0
@ThaAdvocate and @ubigred - Thanks everyone for your help. I feel a little bad at how little I know, but yeah at least I'm learning. I flashed to stock, did the auto-cf install and got back root. I installed xposed and the xblast tools. Looking under all of the options for xblast tools I don't see anything for tethering provisioning. I have xblast tools 1.8.8 installed. I looked everywhere and did some online look up also. Any help is greatly appreciated. I did also install busy box while I still have SU permission.

I also downloaded and tried to run kitkat SMS+Tether and Moto Tether (this one was just for the heck of it) and neither worked. When I try to kick off WiFi tether I still get message about how I don't have subscription to use it.

Also I'm going to do some more research but I downloaded the newest superuser.apk file. How do I get the binary files needed and ensure that when the superuser is updated I will be able to update the binary files to match? Thanks.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@ThaAdvocate and @ubigred - Thanks everyone for your help. I feel a little bad at how little I know, but yeah at least I'm learning. I flashed to stock, did the auto-cf install and got back root. I installed xposed and the xblast tools. Looking under all of the options for xblast tools I don't see anything for tethering provisioning. I have xblast tools 1.8.8 installed. I looked everywhere and did some online look up also. Any help is greatly appreciated. I did also install busy box while I still have SU permission.

I also downloaded and tried to run kitkat SMS+Tether and Moto Tether (this one was just for the heck of it) and neither worked. When I try to kick off WiFi tether I still get message about how I don't have subscription to use it.

Also I'm going to do some more research but I downloaded the newest superuser.apk file. How do I get the binary files needed and ensure that when the superuser is updated I will be able to update the binary files to match? Thanks.
Download winam xposed its under there... I apologize.. Wrong app I said before.. Wanam has the tethering provision fix

Upvote 0
So far my prevail lte on boost mobile is saying it is rooted. I've tried kingroot but in a foreign version and was successful but now and I am stuck trying to find a tethering app that works. Ive used the android google code but the only one ive ever used was a older version from when I rooted my evo and galaxy s2. This has been much harder because I bought this new phone from a direct carrier when i should of had it flashed first. Does anyone have a solution to this prevail lte 4.4.4 madness?

Upvote 0
@ThaAdvocate - Thanks for the clarification. I grabbed wanam xposed and under system clicked the box for disable tether provisioning and made sure the module was enabled. I then rebooted and went into settings, hotspot and tethering and tried to turn it on. It still came up with the message that I didn't have a subscription. I'm going to try to remove the other modules from xposed but I'm curious if you can think if anything else you did to get it working. Thanks!

Upvote 0
@ThaAdvocate - Thanks for the clarification. I grabbed wanam xposed and under system clicked the box for disable tether provisioning and made sure the module was enabled. I then rebooted and went into settings, hotspot and tethering and tried to turn it on. It still came up with the message that I didn't have a subscription. I'm going to try to remove the other modules from xposed but I'm curious if you can think if anything else you did to get it working. Thanks!

that was all i did to get tethering to work......thats a good...but of course thats the only module i use that impacts the network connectivity...all myh other modules are for on screen nav keys and lollipop style status bars...mainly theming......so busy box is running as well right?

Upvote 0
@ThaAdvocate - Yeah I didn't really play around with the other modules but I uninstalled all of them just to keep with that one module. Busybox is installed and when I try to enable other display enhancements on that module they appear so it looks like the scripts are working in general. Strange though that I still get the message. From what I read in the description the checkbox was supposed to disable wifi tethering provisioning. I may try one more time to flash back to stock and do all that fun. I reset my recovery back to stock instead of the broken display one (which I read was stock for another phone) but I wouldn't think that would have anything to do with it but I'm looking for any possible changes in the way we did it.

I use WiFi tether a lot and haven't really liked having to use USB tether but it has been working while I haven't found a WiFi tether option. It makes me hopeful that you did get it working.

Upvote 0
@ThaAdvocate - Yeah I didn't really play around with the other modules but I uninstalled all of them just to keep with that one module. Busybox is installed and when I try to enable other display enhancements on that module they appear so it looks like the scripts are working in general. Strange though that I still get the message. From what I read in the description the checkbox was supposed to disable wifi tethering provisioning. I may try one more time to flash back to stock and do all that fun. I reset my recovery back to stock instead of the broken display one (which I read was stock for another phone) but I wouldn't think that would have anything to do with it but I'm looking for any possible changes in the way we did it.

I use WiFi tether a lot and haven't really liked having to use USB tether but it has been working while I haven't found a WiFi tether option. It makes me hopeful that you did get it working.

youre right..the scrambled recovery wouldnt have anything to do with it...since im using the same recovery.......keep me posted how it goes.....do you use xposed normally for other modules?

Upvote 0
No dice so far on getting the WiFi tether to work. I did update my SuperSU after installing busybox and it looks like it just updated the binaries without me needing to do anything, which is nice.

I'm normally just a root, WiFi-tether and a few other tweaks to get by kind of person. This one has just been a lot harder to get WiFi tether to work but I think that is partly because it is a boost mobile only phone that hasn't been out that long.

Upvote 0
I've gotten close but when it begins to tether, that message pops up saying im not subscribed. So either im not fully rooted or there is something not cutting through in order for boost to not notice the tether I'm using from the Google code. I've change the settings using Samsung indulge and change the method to framework and that was the only one that was allowing me to tether. But my phone took back over the interface?

Upvote 0
At least that makes two of us. With the wifi tether provisioning it almost appears like it is gong to work but the dialog box shows up within around 15-20 seconds and shuts everything down. Before it was more like 2-5 secs. I know I fully have tether now. If other people are having the same issue I might not go load back to stock then and just keep working at it.

Upvote 0
@ChickieD - the CF-Auto-root in this thread is the best way to root your phone. There is a link in this thread or the other one for a full recovery image of the phone. You can pull out just the recovery to do a stock recovery image.

I couldn't get rootking to work for me. That being said you can use the root checker app from the playstore if interest in seeing if root works properly. You should see a dialog box about granting permissions.

With me I don't think it is matter of getting SuperSU permissions. With busybox my SuperSU updated properly and both xposed installer and wanam xposed are happy with the SuperSU permissions they are getting.

I am in the same boat with you though ChickieD, I really want want WiFi tether because I already paid for the data usage. That being said I did find that pdanet+ and USB tether are working for the mean time but I really want to be able to WiFi tether back.

Upvote 0
what can we all do as a team to put together a custom recovery....im pretty sure we all want a custom rom to play around with ....and have all the features we want running on cm12 or even a debloated ported stock lollipop rom.....LETS START BRAIN STORMING HERE PPL...we are the only forum /thread even attempting any kind of development.

Upvote 0
what can we all do as a team to put together a custom recovery....im pretty sure we all want a custom rom to play around with ....and have all the features we want running on cm12 or even a debloated ported stock lollipop rom.....LETS START BRAIN STORMING HERE PPL...we are the only forum /thread even attempting any kind of development.

Ok i will do my best cause i am that determined lol but i am not that savy with the terminology and scared to brick my device. So you guys tried the cf auto root i am going to try this oneclick by pc to see if i get a full root and try to wifi tether.

Upvote 0
Ok i will do my best cause i am that determined lol but i am not that savy with the terminology and scared to brick my device. So you guys tried the cf auto root i am going to try this oneclick by pc to see if i get a full root and try to wifi tether.

that's beauty of it....bricking your phone means one method didn't work........long as we have odin and the stock firmware...we continue with trial and error as long we see fit...eventually we will come up with custom recovery and a custom rom.

Upvote 0
Yeah I have tried a few different close model recoveries but no dice. I'm still hoping to eventually get the WiFi tethering figured out. Hopefully some other people will come along and try what we both did and maybe with a luck they will figure out how to get it working for me. I have been looking at some other samsung and boost mobile phones to see if any of stuff from other forums is useful for removing the message.

Upvote 0
Yeah I have tried a few different close model recoveries but no dice. I'm still hoping to eventually get the WiFi tethering figured out. Hopefully some other people will come along and try what we both did and maybe with a luck they will figure out how to get it working for me. I have been looking at some other samsung and boost mobile phones to see if any of stuff from other forums is useful for removing the message.

Great.....im surprised this wasnt one of the quickly targeted devices to develop since its actually above the normal bydget friendly devices out there.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones