1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

prevail stock os vs mod romsSupport

1. techshawn30

techshawn30 Member

How smooth is the prevail os without custom rom? I see a lot of people say there prevail freeze alot on calls or navigating the UI. Is this just a select few with bad phone or is it the phone? I mainly see shabby mod on forums as main mod rom for prevail. Do shabby mod freeze or is it smooth like phone should be? What other rom besides shabby are for prevail? I only seen like one other besides shabby mod in forums. Any 2.3 gingerbread rom for prevail? Can anyone shed any light on this freezing problem for me I plan on getting the phone just don't want one that freeze as a normal part of operation would rather pay more for another phone if that's the case I see people have got netflix running on prevail been waiting on that.

Advertisement
    :
  2. protegemini

protegemini Well-Known Member

what other roms than shabby have you seen?
  3. new optimus

new optimus Well-Known Member

Quick rundown. the stock rom has laggy issues, never seen true freezing, but lag yes.

Shabbymod solves that in 99.9% of cases, the few that still have trouble are probably hardware issues.

2.3 has not been made for the prevail. Right now we just got a custom recovery that would allow a true flash to a rom, as of yet no one has worked on porting gingerbread because there was never a way to put it on. Now that there is it can get worked on if someone wants to that is.
  4. Rally 517

Rally 517 Well-Known Member

Yo op how do I.get custom recovery. I'm rooted using sim gr.
  5. new optimus

new optimus Well-Known Member

6. moneyspent

moneyspent Member

i have one click rooted galexy prevail. not done with it all i have is rom toolbox witch im geting rid of. but my phone has never froze on me lags sometimes tho. dam good phone for the price.