Prevail Unrootable with any root method

Last Updated: 2012-04-29 07:11:42
  1. inoshikenshi

inoshikenshi New Member

So the other night I had a security update and was tired(didn't think too well through) and decided to let it update on my rooted prevail. Then I got stuck on Boost Mobile Screen and wouldn't go past it so I flashed ODIN and reset it to stock factory settings, and now I am attempting to root it again but it will not root with any method(followed the videos down to the last detail). I tried shabbymod, prevailtoexistence, and such. What it does is, with prevailtoexistence it turns off and starts bootlooping and says "Mount: operation not permitted" then everything it tries to put into phone fails. I've taken my SD card out(unmounted properly) and put it in debug mode as it asked me.

PrevailtoExisence:

shabbymod 0.9:

Advertisement
  2. jmax81

jmax81 Well-Known Member

Go to the odin thred and read read read, then research, I thought my phone was unrootable to, these people will definitely help you out, sorry I cant help more im pretty new to the rooting process
  3. DaisFlaque

DaisFlaque Well-Known Member

Odin WILL root your phone, Thanks to Hoark 13 let me see.. here.. where is it... here it is!!! link is for EJ06 baseband ( which is WAAAY better than the new FA19 ( UPDATE that probably Soft-Bricked your phone ). ) Its a direct Download link just click, plus I just tried the link it works.

So if you just Odin'd the thing you have to know how... But here it is anyway... Download the zip/ extract to 1 folder/ put phone in downloading mode ( Vol. Down + Camera + power ) after that plug in phone using usb/ open Odin folder and run Odin/ select the file's ONLY in that folder ie. .OPS .TAR etc./ put boot in boot and phone in phone and so forth.
    run the START button and wait.

If the dialog box ( COM PORT ) doesn't show when you plug in phone AFTER Download Mode.... you need your drivers.
    If the same dialog box does not start loading in about 1 min. start from beginning and sheit!!! Have a nice day.
    DAIS FLAQUE

http://bit.ly/SPHM820_EJ06-CWM5-Rooted-rfsCache
  4. inoshikenshi

inoshikenshi New Member

My phone is successfully rooted thanks to ODIN and Titanium Backup restored everything to as it was before the update. Thank you very much both of you!:D
  5. Caeadas

Caeadas Well-Known Member

Shabbymod 0.9, while great at the time, is pretty old now. And AdmireToPrevail has been superseded by newer roms that are based off it. Your best bet is CTmod, HalfAssRom, or Cyanogenmod 7.
  6. Xruptor

Xruptor Well-Known Member

What Caedas said! Shabbymod is super old now. It was a great rom but it hasn't been updated in a long time. Shabby has since moved on to other projects :) Though shabby will always be a prevail user to me :p

In any case rooting is super easy nowadays. The easiest way is to just flash using ODIN to a image that's already rooted. There is one for EJ06 and one for FA19. Once you do that I recommend that you update using CWM to CTMOD, HalfAssRom, CM7, etc...

http://androidforums.com/galaxy-pre...ock-factory-updated-02-23-new-fa19-image.html

You can find a list of roms and help here at the newly updated guide.
    http://androidforums.com/galaxy-pre...l-things-root-guide-updated-04-14-2012-a.html
  7. TrashMaster79

TrashMaster79 New Member

I am starting to think that this phone is unrootable , I have looked and looked and looked. I have tried about 3 different downloads and followed instructions perfectly. I am starting to lose hope. If anyone can help please let me know. Samsung Galaxy Prevail
  8. kevincott

kevincott Well-Known Member Contributor

Use an ODIN image, very easy and no stress. These are images of phones that have the work done already.

http://androidforums.com/galaxy-pre...updated-02-23-new-fa19-image.html#post2953252

Once you understand the process you will laugh at how easy it is.
  9. Use Odin to flash
  10. kolosus

kolosus Well-Known Member

Have you ever used Teamviewer? You use your computer and someone can look into what you're doing... or if you want they can control your desktop (with your say so) and you can watch what you're doing.

This device has stayed unrooted for too long. Let me know if you're interested. I certainly am!
    liltwentytwo likes this.
  11. NightThorn

NightThorn Well-Known Member

12. liltwentytwo

liltwentytwo Member

i tried it doesn't work for me get back at me :confused:
  13. werewolves69

werewolves69 Active Member

Use Odin it worked for me, and make sure you install the samsung drivers to your computer. Mine is rooted I thought the same thing. Odin plus FA19 rooted is what I used MAKE SURE samsung drivers are installed on computer it is a must ...
  14. Slayer72

Slayer72 Well-Known Member Developer

The link you posted is not working Dais...
    liltwentytwo likes this.
  15. inigomontoyasr

inigomontoyasr Well-Known Member

works fine. direct download.
    liltwentytwo likes this.
  16. Caeadas

Caeadas Well-Known Member

Somebody else was complaining about that link in another thread, but I just tried it and its fine, maybe some hiccups on the download site.
    liltwentytwo likes this.
  17. liltwentytwo

liltwentytwo Member

adore:
    ohhh and thankz guys!!!!
    my phone rooted is good 2 update the phone after.....
  18. Koumajutsu

Koumajutsu Well-Known Member

TECHNICALLY Odin doesn't root your phone.
    One of us devs get the update, and we figure out how to root it. Then we make an Odin image of that and put it out there. All Odin does is indiscriminately flash image files to specific locations on the phone.

Also, technically, the thread title is completely false. Though the "one click" and script kiddie methods of rooting the phone don't work, there is no problem rooting the phone manually, which counts as a method
    jwh42000, wyelkins and Lordvincent 90 like this.
  19. liltwentytwo

liltwentytwo Member

wow is derr anyway i can get my fone connected to the ps3 i tried to use barnacle app or any way to share frm a laptop in any way
  20. Lordvincent 90

Lordvincent 90 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ Guide

liltwentytwo likes this.
  21. liltwentytwo

liltwentytwo Member

i download it... still not working i did as the thing asked

:(:confused: