• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Prevail wont boot.

Maybe the contacts on your phone's usb connector are bad or dirty or make a short..... might want to check the connector.....,

Yea check the connecter first. Make sure there is no debre
Maybe get some vinegar on a qtip and wipe it out [rust], or rubbing alcohol [which hazle is less powerful] to get it clean. [All found at walmart or in your medicine cabnet.

Then try a freinds charger, see if that works if the above failed.

Then break down and buy a batt off ebay, cheepest place usualy and they WILL have some listed 99.9% surety

Upvote 0
Now hears the weird thing I took out the usb from the charging port and still have it in the phone and now it actually stays on.

Would you still say its a battery problem?

Btw, whats the best in store place to find a replacement battery for this phone?

I've never actually been able to find any batteries for the Prevail in a store. I've always had to order then off Ebay. Seeing as the phone has been discontinued, I seriously doubt you'll find any in a store. Maybe, but I doubt it. ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones