1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Prevent access to "Power Options" when phone is lockedf

Last Updated:

1. bfaridnia

bfaridnia Member This Topic's Starter

Jun 27, 2010
    If the phone is locked, users must enter pass code to unlock (if lock settings are set). However, if the phone is locked, users still have access to the phones power settings, Airplane Mode, Silent and Power Off.

I recently had a scare where someone stole my phone, but I was able to recover using 'where's my droid". However, I realized that even though my phone was locked, there was nothing preventing the theif from simply turning the phone off or placing it into airplane mode.

is there an app, setting or way to prevent access to this menu? if not, is there a way i can code something using the app inventor, or do you think access to this menu should remain for some reason (as seen by the developers, and thus prevent programs from changing this access).

The idea is that if the phone is locked and requires a password to unlock (make a call etc), the power settings should also remain locked unless the same pass code is entered then as well. Of course, simply removing the battery will achieve a power down, but that is a bit harder to do with my case and will give me the few extra min i need to locate the phone.