Prevent Car Dock from Autolaunching

Last Updated:

1. RTAdams89

RTAdams89 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is there a way (with root) to keep the Car Dock app available for manual launching but prevent it from automatically launching without installing another app or removing the magnet from the car dock? Can I edit the CarDock.apk file or some other system file to disable this behavior?

Advertisement
  2. Flahusky

Flahusky Well-Known Member

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say no. You will have to App it at the least. As the change I think you would have to make would effect the Media dock also.

3. Memitim

Memitim Member

Just install Dock Nothingness and set it as the default app the next time that you dock. Works like a charm.

4. edwardmlyte

edwardmlyte Well-Known Member

How do you do this?

5. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to. VIP Member

At first I thought he was being sarcastic, but I found it in the market, just download and install the apk from the market. I'm gonna test it later.

6. edwardmlyte

Yeah I installed the apk fine. But how do you set it as the default app?

7. gnath9

gnath9 Well-Known Member

removing the magnet from your cardock is as easy as pie. I did it and thats when I found out if you flip it over it launches the homedock.

8. corbinator

corbinator Well-Known Member

Downloaded and testing. At work now and doesn't show up as an app. After install would not go to dock after pressing home button while in dock. Removed droid from dock and replaced in dock, asked if I wanted Clock (froyo desktop dock) nothingness and which I would like as default. nice:). will test in car dock this eavning and post results tomorrow.

9. UncleMike

UncleMike Well-Known Member

After you install the app, the next time you place your phone in the dock Android will ask you which app you want to use when docking.

In general, any time you install or update an app that can be linked to an "action" (i.e. inserting the phone in the car or desk dock, or pressing the Home key), the next time you perform that "action", Android will ask you what you want to do.

10. edwardmlyte

Cheers for the words mike. Seems my dodgy cheap charger isn't properly docking it. Just when I plug in the usb it shows the car mode symbol in the top right and makes sure the volume is at full and unchangeable. It doesn't offer me a choice of what to load, so I guess I'm back to the drawing board, until I can root 2.2 and delete the carmode.apk.

11. UncleMike

UncleMike Well-Known Member

I (now) see in your profile that you have a HTC Desire. You do know this is the Motorola Droid forum, right? Not that you are unwelcome here, but my original assumption was that you had a Droid and were using the car dock (I probably missed something).

As a solution for you, Tasker can load an app when you plug in power, if that's what you're looking to do.

12. corbinator

corbinator Well-Known Member

Well after placing my DROID in my car dock it did ask which program I wanted to run (I have cardock as well as the stock car home). Selected car dock..... and the car home icon was still there. So no dice there.