Prevent hacker from activating microphone remotely

1. Earnoldo

Earnoldo Member

I read somewhere that hackers can activate Android microphones remotely. Is there a way to prevent this such as putting the phone in Airplane Mode?

Thanks for a reply.

Advertisement
    :
  2. ThatOneRearEnd

ThatOneRearEnd Well-Known Member

Where'd you read that?
  3. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;) VIP Member

Airplane mode will do it unless they install firmware on your phone that fools it into thinking its in airplane mode. You could take the sim out.. maybe just burst the mic with a pin.
    I honestly wish people wanted to take the time to listen into my conversations.. sometimes i think my words are wasted on my friends and loved ones and that people in suits should be listening :D
  4. gtbarry

gtbarry Well-Known Member

You can also place it in a faraday box, your freezer or pull the battery. Do that when you don't want your microphone in use if you really believe all that.
  5. funkylogik

i saw some tinfoil cases on amazon :thumbup:

(how do i patent an idea for a phone case?)
  6. gtbarry

Most important part of the patent process is being able to prove that you had the idea first. Congratulations! you just did that. As the NSA would surely be able to testify in court regarding the date and time of your post above - as they monitor everything you do on the Internet and it is all Google's fault.
    funkylogik likes this.
  7. funkylogik

True mate :) *waves at NSA* hi :beer: patent pending
  8. gtbarry

NSA™ (No Spyware Attached)
    funkylogik and Rxpert83 like this.
  9. Medion

Medion Well-Known Member

Just an FYI on the freezer thing, that won't prevent them from turning the mic on. It's just soundproof so they can't eavesdrop. Airplane mode also won't work. The only surefire way is to remove the power source.
  10. gtbarry

Actually it depends on the refrigerator. Most have enough metal that they will block the signal. A poor man's Faraday if you will.