1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Prevent Play Music from using censored versions?Support

1. OhSeven

OhSeven Well-Known Member Contributor

I know you can "fix incorrect match" for any unwanted censored songs, but it's very inconvenient to find and fix the problems one song at a time at home. I only uploaded a small part of my library, but after a few months of regular use I'm still coming across censored songs and it's rather annoying.

I want to upload more of my library, and would also reupload what I have now if I don't have to deal with the problem anymore. Is there an easy solution yet?

Advertisement
    :
  2. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

Is this songs that the record companies have marked as "Parental advisory. Explicit lyrics" why it's censoring them? Is the a setting in Play Music to turn it off? I don't use it myself, because it's usually unavailable.
  3. vincentallen2

vincentallen2 Well-Known Member

I too have faced this problem with some of my music that ive uploaded recently. I don't like it. I thought I was going crazy before you posted this though :D
  4. OhSeven

OhSeven Well-Known Member Contributor

The problem is when uploading music. Google tries to recognize the song and if there's a match, it will use its own file instead of user uploads. Sometimes though it will mistakenly match the censored version. It's hit or miss especially with more popular music.

I'm guessing there's no easy solution. The fix is to mark each song as an incorrect match and it will force the upload of your own file. The annoying thing is it must be done on a desktop and each song takes 2 precise clicks and 2 keypresses to dismiss prompts in a laggy web interface