• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Prevent Play Music from using censored versions?

OhSeven

Android Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2011
I know you can "fix incorrect match" for any unwanted censored songs, but it's very inconvenient to find and fix the problems one song at a time at home. I only uploaded a small part of my library, but after a few months of regular use I'm still coming across censored songs and it's rather annoying.

I want to upload more of my library, and would also reupload what I have now if I don't have to deal with the problem anymore. Is there an easy solution yet?

The problem is when uploading music. Google tries to recognize the song and if there's a match, it will use its own file instead of user uploads. Sometimes though it will mistakenly match the censored version. It's hit or miss especially with more popular music.

I'm guessing there's no easy solution. The fix is to mark each song as an incorrect match and it will force the upload of your own file. The annoying thing is it must be done on a desktop and each song takes 2 precise clicks and 2 keypresses to dismiss prompts in a laggy web interface

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones