1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Prevent scratches on camera lense coverTips

1. nicka3200

nicka3200 Well-Known Member

I protect my camera clear lense cover with a circle of screen protector. It's a little fiddley but worth it & doesn't seem to detract from the image quality though no doubt someone will claim it does. It is certainly going to be no worse than taking photos through a scratched cover.

I had a screen protector (3 ply type) left over from my desire so I attached an 10mm circular sticky label to the front protective layer & carefully cut around it. Then attached a similar label to the rear layer slightly misaligned so I could use it to peel off the rear layer. Applied the screen protector to the camera window then peeled the front layer off using another misaligned label.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Hjortron

Hjortron Active Member

Hmmm... That's a novel idea. I probably wouldn't want to put a layer of screen protector over my camera lens, though. I can't substantiate whether or not it would adversely affect picture quality, though I'd imagine it would. I actually just picked up a case for my One X+, for the express purpose of protecting the camera lens. The camera lens on the One X+ is recessed somewhat, so when you place the phone down on a flat surface (with the lens facing down), it's not necessarily touching, but the recess is so slight, I wanted to put a bit more distance between it & whatever surface it's resting on, so I got this case:

Amazon.com: Incipio HT-283 SILICRYLIC DualPro Case for HTC One X - 1 Pack - Retail Packaging - Black/Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

I don't LOVE the idea of using a case on this phone, but in practice, this one really isn't so bad, as it doesn't add too much bulk, and is very tactile. And it gives a bit of lift to the camera lens, so that it's less likely that it'll get scratched while resting on uneven surfaces. I'll probably only use it occasionally, but I imagine it's a good thing to have.
  3. nicka3200

nicka3200 Well-Known Member

That looks like a really good case & the recess will prevent scratches caused by putting it down on a flat surface. However I keep my phone in my pocket most of the time & any keys or coins could still scratch the lense cover.

I used a leather slip case with my desire but it still got scratched. In the end I took the back off & removed the clear cover. I'm not about to try that with my HOX+.
  4. Lolhare

Lolhare Member

I simply cut a small square of electrical tape and put it over the lens,it might sound a little crude but the phone is black anyway and you really don't notice it,and itquickly peels off and on when I need it,I'm fine with it after my One X's camera got scratched after 2 weeks