Prevent toolbar reading out of sms?General

Last Updated:

1. Rileyjsg

Rileyjsg Active Member

Is there an app which says something like "1 new message" or just displays a sms icon instead of reading out your entire sms? I'm ok with the stock messaging program but would like to keep a little privacy with my smses? Anybody using something like that? :)

2. queeni

queeni Well-Known Member

not quite sure what you mean - instead of reading out your entire sms - Have you tried to look at Gosms, I use this program and get one sms icon at the top of the screen
    Rileyjsg likes this.
  3. Rileyjsg

Rileyjsg Active Member

I meant that when i get an sms, the content is displayed on the top bar on my device so anyone using my phone at that time will be able to read it so i was just looking for an app which would avoid that (since the settings in stock messaging doesn't allow turning off the visible sms notification without turning off the message tone too), either by showing an sms icon or saying 1 new message etc. Sorry for not being clear and thanks for the recommendation, i'll check that out. :)
  4. CullyJoker

CullyJoker Member

I use Handcent SMS - brilliant app with loads of configuration including the hiding of message content from notification.
    When you install it you need to turn off notifications of the default SMS app otherwise you get notified twice for each message
  5. Rileyjsg

Rileyjsg Active Member

I see. thanks i'll take a look at that. :)
  6. queeni

queeni Well-Known Member

I use GoSms pro, that