Preventing default call action being redial last

Last Updated:

1. roblucas

roblucas Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

I've had my Hero about a week now and one thing that I've found annoying is that when you go into the phone application the default action for the call button is to redail the last number. I have inadvertantly made several (very short) calls by accidentally brushing the call button (or double click the physical on) before I have made any selection in the list.

Is there a way to disable this feature. E.g I wish to physically select or enter a number before the "call" button will place a call.

I did find a reference on this forum to "Not Call Log" which switched away from the screen after a call. I just want something that prevents me miss dialling in the first place.

Rob

Advertisement
  2. nich

nich Member

The default dialler app really got on my nerves for this reason, and also that when you press a contact it automatically dials them which I don't like.

I've lost count of all the accidental calls I've made :)

Anyway, found an easy way around it. You can just download alternative diallers from the market which replace the original dialler (this is optional, and be can undone).

Try out
    * StarContact
    * SuperDial

3. roblucas

roblucas Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks, I'll give them a try.

I couldn't see if HTC had a feedback section on their website.

Rob.