• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Preventing screen from turning on after unplugging charger

Don't think so. I like the fact the screen turns on. It tells me the Evo is still fully aware of the charger.

If the screen didn't come on, then you may not be sure that it charged properly and didn't just die on the charger. That can happen if the for some reason the charger wasn't plugged in properly, or the power strip it was plugged into was turned off.

I'd rather have it acknowledge it was unplugged from a power source. That can prevent a false assumption that it was charged when it was not, only to realize too late when you are outside and can't plug it back in.

Upvote 0
Don't think so. I like the fact the screen turns on. It tells me the Evo is still fully aware of the charger.

If the screen didn't come on, then you may not be sure that it charged properly and didn't just die on the charger. That can happen if the for some reason the charger wasn't plugged in properly, or the power strip it was plugged into was turned off.

I'd rather have it acknowledge it was unplugged from a power source. That can prevent a false assumption that it was charged when it was not, only to realize too late when you are outside and can't plug it back in.

Don't you already have the LED indicator in the top left which should be green when fully charged?

Upvote 0
You could use tasker to set an unplugged event context to set the screen timeout down to 7 seconds, sleep maybe ten seconds, then change the screen timeout back to what it was. Something like that would probably work. It won't keep the screen from turning on, but it will turn off faster.

EDIT: Actually, I think the screen timeout is already lower when you unplug the phone, so this is probably pointless.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones