1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Previous bad experience with an HTC phone - Reason to be hesitant with the DNA?General

1. angiethemonster

angiethemonster Active Member

My very first smartphone happened to be the HTC Droid Eris. Sadly slow even when I rooted it. Thus making me, as my subject indicates, hesitant to give HTC another chance with my latest smartphone choice.

I'm needing to buy my new phone at retail price in order to keep my unlimited data, so I want to be certain with my phone choice. Opinions?

Advertisement
    :
  2. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

We've had 5 HTCs in the family since 2010, of those one that I picked up in 2011 had a bad radio, exchanged the next day with no issues. Two from 2012 are flawless.

HTC has come a long way since the Eris days.
  3. lou61166

lou61166 Well-Known Member

Agreed,i have 2 HTC phone Rezound and DNA,and have had next to no issues,when you buy a low end Android phone that is what you get low end,regardless to who makes it.
  4. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Well-Known Member

I've gone from the Inc2, to the Inc4G, and now to the DNA, and each has been excellent. I tried to leave the HTC family with the RAZR MAXX HD and came right back with the DNA.
  5. atakin77

atakin77 Well-Known Member

The dna is my fourth HTC phone and is the best yet...
  6. funkbucket007

funkbucket007 Well-Known Member

The only HTC devices I owned before the DNA were a Windows Mobile Touch Pro and Touch Pro 2. I loathed them both and swore I'd never buy another. I put Android on the TP2, which brought me here. I've owned a Moto Droid 1, a Moto Droid X, a Galaxy Nexus (Toro) and wanted to give them another shot when the DNA was announced. Paid full retail and never looked back.

I can honestly say that this is the best device I've owned. Build quality is top notch, the radio kicks ass, best screen around and the battery life is amazing. I'm shocked at how many people look over this phone. It's a sleeper for sure.

The development is now coming on full swing as well.

I'll probably replace the DNA this year with something else but not because I dislike it...just because I'm a nerd and want a new device every year.
    Rxpert83 likes this.
  7. el viejo

el viejo Well-Known Member

I also had the HTC Droid Eris and it was slow. That and the Motorola Droid were the first android devices for VerizonWireless. I believe that the Eris just didn't have enough power under the hood. I have had the HTC Incredible 2 for 2 years and it has performed really well. I would certainly consider the DNA, but for me, it is a tad big. I will look to HTC again whenever I get ready to upgrade.
  8. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Well-Known Member

I went from the Inc4G to the DNA, and yes, it did seem a bit big. It really isn't, though. It is just as pocketable as either the Inc2 or the Inc4G. It's very thin an the curve of the back really helps as well.

Bottom line is that the DNA is, by far, the best Android device I've ever used.
  9. WuBoy

WuBoy Well-Known Member

I had the HTC Thunderbolt, and it was a decent phone despite the myriad of problems it had. It didn't deter me from getting the DNA and I'm glad it didn't because this phone is great.
  10. funkbucket007

funkbucket007 Well-Known Member

I have a lot of co-workers ask why I got a phone that is "so big," and then I let them hold it. It feels so good in hand that size has never been a concern. It's certainly pocketable in everything I wear.
  11. Bearcats

Bearcats Well-Known Member

This.
  12. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

Well knowing that Verizon isn't getting the new One X means they are committed to the DNA.
  13. John58543

John58543 Well-Known Member

I too had the Droid Eris and hated it then went to DX2 and hated it as well. Wound up on a iPhone for two years (4 and 4S) and just got the DNA. Other than the SIM card issue, I have no issues witht this phone so far...I LOVE IT! Like others have said, the 5" screen is NOT too big for my pocket thanks to the sleek design. Also, battery life is really good for a 4G phone.
  14. kmurph

kmurph New Member

This is my first smartphone I had a LG Dare before this, and always made fun of people carrying around "mini-tablets" as a phone. I looked at other Androids, and was even considering an iPhone 5 and HTC Windows Phone 8x, but after I saw the DNA in person and saw the screen...it was the most beautiful screen...I had to have it. I could not be happier...the size has not been an issue, and actually feels more comfortable in pockets when compare to my smaller, lighter (but thicker) LG Dare.
  15. angiethemonster

angiethemonster Active Member

Thanks to everyone for their input!

Happy to say that I do have a good feeling about this phone and after much research and glowing reviews from everyone, I'm getting ready to order the DNA since I just got my refund back from the Galaxy S3 that I returned! Yay! :)