Previous loyal sprint palm user

Last Updated:

1. dusthead

dusthead Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey everyone. Long time tech/gadget guy...my first smartphone was a palm treo 650...which had it's vices but was pretty cool with a huge community so it had some really good "apps". TCMP was my fav for watching movies on my SD card.

after that i moved up to the centro - smaller, little smaller screen i think, sleek...DOUBLE THE CAMARA RESOLUTION (oo0000ooo...aahhhhhh....) ya but that took it to 1MP, haha. which was shit for most phones had at least 3. but by then my treo had been replaced by manufacturers warranty like twice so i was ready for a new phone - hoping for better hardware. found some new "apps" and enjoyed it for a while but obviously the iphone had been out for a long time and it just could never compare.

then the palm pre - i was pretty excited about that. was diggin the webOS, slider with the mirror on the back, wireless charging which used MORE energy to do, etc etc. and was slated to get one once it became more affordable.

and then...i saw a commercial with this weird red eye talking about idon't this, and idon't that....and "droid does". so i had to go look. an damn i was impressed....i knew i couldn't go with a palm anymore....it just seems like they will never catch up (in hardware) to what the droid models are doing now...almost making a standard of their own.

so when the time came (my wifes centro broke on a drunken night) i gave her my phone and i said goodbye to sprint and started looking at droids...i actually didn't do enough digging to find out every option (now i see) but i'm happy with my choice.

I picked up the Droid Eris...or Desire, right? if not, no matter, i like the nickname...i take it as Droid=D and eris backwards makes sire...so Dsire, Desire. i did test drive the moto droid but didn't like the keyboard...i was used to palms little bubbles and figured a touch keyboard would be better for me. and the other 2 big things aren't too huge...the dual LED flash: would have been nice but w/e, and the OS: read about it being updated soon...so i was like - shit, amazon is selling Eris' for 10bux, i'll take it.

So here i am...i'm not new to forum communities - i'm pretty active on car forums...but since my cars are mostly broke dick and phone stuff is relatively free - here i am. High interest in that 2.0/2.1 update, battery consumption fixes/tweaks, apps/widgets that are better than stock HTC.

if you've read through this entire first post then good on ya - you're probably a senior member or one that will be one day haha. suggestions welcome. thanks everyone.

Current apps:
    albums
    amazon mp3 (don't use)
    backgrounds
    browser (stock...lurking for other options)
    calculator
    calendar
    camcorder
    camera
    chompSMS (testing...)
    clock
    compass
    craigsphone
    facebook
    FMyLife
    footprints (don't use)
    gmail
    google maps
    google skymap
    google talk
    google voice
    locale (not working for me...doesn't undo the settings at the end of the condition)
    mail
    market
    movie finder
    music
    my verizon
    pandora
    paypal
    pdf viewer
    peep
    people
    phone
    places directory
    quickoffice
    shazam
    shopsavvy
    stocks (don't use)
    teeter
    TFLN
    visual vm (don't use)
    voice dialer
    voice recorder
    voice search
    weather
    youtube

Advertisement
  2. Howie

Howie Well-Known Member

welcome...

3. bigdroid

bigdroid Well-Known Member

Welcome to Android Forums!! :)

4. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

5. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Welcome to AF! :D

6. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

welcome to the forum, glad to have ya aboard!