• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Previous tab loading instead of home screen chrome

Was this a stupid question?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
This is a recent issue that just started today. Ever since I got the phone, whenever I closed chrome (hitting square than swiping left or right) and than reopened chrome, I was back at my home screen, and that was perfect. Since today whenever I open chrome it shows my last open tab, even when I close it. I dont want this. I spent the last 30 minutes trying to google a solution but nothing helped.

TL;DR When I close chrome I want to be reverted back to this screen and not my previous tab.

This is a recent issue that just started today. Ever since I got the phone, whenever I closed chrome (hitting square than swiping left or right) and than reopened chrome, I was back at my home screen, and that was perfect. Since today whenever I open chrome it shows my last open tab, even when I close it. I dont want this. I spent the last 30 minutes trying to google a solution but nothing helped.

TL;DR When I close chrome I want to be reverted back to this screen and not my previous tab.
Perhaps using an older version of Chrome that has the option of tabs showing up in "recents" instead of in the Chrome App.
https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/chrome/

That feature appeared briefly & was just recently removed,so,you shouldn't have to dig too far back to find a version that has the option/feature.
With that enabled,perhaps you'll be greeted with the home page of your choice every time you open the app.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones